By thatwasmiz - 08/04/2009 06:38 - United States

Today, I was at a gay bar and asking a really convincing drag queen about her daily routine. I asked how she tucked her penis in. She responded, "Um, I'm a woman." I said, "Oh I'm sorry, are you pre-op or post-op?" She said, "No, I always have been and always will be a woman, asshole." FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 554
You deserved it 78 934

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aren't those extremely personal questions to be asking? Could we get a transgender/transvestite to weigh in on this discussion?

I clicked YDI, then FML. It's a bit of both, I'vegottaa say, some of them can be pretty damn convincing!

Comments

You think that sucked for you, imagine how she must feel!

What is the matter with you? Those are extremely personal questions and you didn't even know that person. It's clear that you know absolutely nothing about gender queer people. A drag queen is not necessarily transgendered, nor are transgendered people necessarily interested in changing their genetic genders. It's not that it's a crime to be clueless, but why do you think that a total stranger would share that with you? The FML here isn't that you embarrassed a genetic female by thinking she was transgendered, but that you think of transgendered people as oddities to oogle and pry into their personal lives. They are human beings, whole people, and their sexuality and gender are just a fraction of their personalities.

You don't deserve it because it was an honest mistake. You were in a drag queen bar.

TheD3stroy3r 2

You don't deserve it I mean why would a woman be at a gay bar. FYL

well she was at a gay bar how would you know

How is it weird for a woman to be at a gay bar? I'm a woman and I've been to them with my gay friends before.

McDerp 11

yeah uh, those arent questions you ask trans people anyway.

in all fairness you were in a gay bar so I could understand thinking the person was trans fyl