By Anonymous - 04/01/2014 21:31 - Ireland

Today, I've had my tenth "Christmas" dinner since Christmas last took place. My mum has gone nuts and keeps playing Christmas music, making these dinners, and refusing to let me take down the Christmas decorations. My dad is too whipped to save us from this hell. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 235
You deserved it 4 693

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wow, mum is really in the Christmas spirit, I see...well, it'd be nice if she passed out a few gifts while she's at it :)

Comments

According to tradition, decorations aren't taken down until the Epiphany, which occurs January 6th. After that, she's just bonkers!

Well hey at least you have a family meal together ya it might have gotten old but you are all together. Think about those that don't have what you have. Or the ones whose parents either ignore them or just don't or can't have family time together.

Nothing wrong with a lot of turkey dinners. Gladly trade you places

Decorations aren't meant to come down until today.

I take it that Wizzard's "I wish it could be Christmas everyday" isn't your favourite song, then?

Heinrich Böll, a german author and nobel-laureate in literature, wrote a story about you in the year 1952. It is called "Nicht nur zur Weihnachtszeit" - 'not only at christmastime'. The next stages will be: - your mom will cry loudly whenever someone attempts to remove the tree - your mom will celebrate christmas every day for the next 2 years, although your family will have themselves replaced by actors one by one over the time, the last one to his real self will be your brother in law - there will be an angel on the tree, whispering "peace, peace, peace" every night - the kids will be replaced by wax figures - parts of your family will have affairs, migrate to africa or convert from catholicism to communism, your uncle will become suicidal and your cousin will go into a monastery - the only one coming out of this with a decent mental health - except for the will to celebrate christmas every day - will be your mom! Enjoy your time!

buttcramp 21

is she at least a good cook?

There is a tradition to do 'Christmas meals' and leave your decorations up for the twelve days after Christmas that lead up to the Epiphany. The Epiphany is on January 6th, which is the actual revelation of Jesus. Most people only have two big feast days, once on Christmas and once on the Epiphany, but maybe your mom just wants to celebrate all the days leading up to it. That or maybe she has just gone nuts. Try to enjoy the food anyway and ignore all the 'Christmas' going on around you-good luck, OP! :)

robertmil90 10

looks like it's time for an intervention