By Anonymous - 09/02/2016 11:28 - United States - Lansing

Today, I took my girlfriend out for a romantic dinner, since we can't see each other this Valentine's Day. Halfway through, my aunt called, telling me my grandma had died. I had to leave because I was crying so much, leaving my girlfriend with a very pricey bill. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 986
You deserved it 4 452

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just pay her back later, it was something serious it wasn't like you were ditching her Sorry to hear about your grandma too :(

Rawrshi 25

Sorry for your loss, OP. I'm sure your girlfriend understands.

Comments

I'm so sorry. I'm sure you could pay her back. No one would be that heartless to be angry about that.

surely she'll ubderstand, if you can pay her back at anytime then go ahead, sorry for ur loss

corky1992 33

I'm sure your girlfriend understood and you can always make it up to her.

PANDORUM89 21

not sure why you were downvoted. I'm sure #14 just meant they could go out on another date at a later time.

corky1992 33
FalloutScrolls 25

I'm sure she understands, and money in that kind of situation should take a backseat. I'm very sorry for your loss.

redheadedmonster 24

so sorry for your loss OP! Hopefully your girlfriend understands money isn't important at a time like that and won't be upset. And like others have said you can also repay her or even offer to take her on another date to make up for it.

Someone died! That's kind of important!

Mathalamus 24

Well it's a hard thing to know, but couldn't your girlfriend leave with you? I mean, it is her job to support you.

I'm guessing (since he didn't complain about it) there must have been a good reason why she didn't. For example, OP suddenly ran out of the restaurant and she had to stay to pay the bill first. Or perhaps OP is the type who dislikes crying in front of people and asked to be left alone. Etc etc...If she loves him, she'll understand and will be there for him when he needs her.

True dat, didn't notice :P My points still stand though, I'm sure there are many reasons why OP's gf may not have followed her immediately.

Maybe you'll just take her to something nice again later when you can :) and Sorry for your loss :(

Just pay her back she should understand. I also wonder why you couldn't just pay and you both leave at the same time? Won't she be there for support for this?

corky1992 33

She was probably too upset to think about that at the time..probably just focused on getting out of there.