By I'm stupid - 25/11/2012 15:08 - United States - Naperville

Today, I took a pregnancy test. When I saw that the result was positive, I started crying and showed my mom. She burst out laughing and told me that I had taken an ovulation test. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 610
You deserved it 37 928

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Try to look on the positive side here, at least you're not pregnant.

Well, at least you know not to have intercourse in the next days!

Comments

OP, your username really says it all.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

27 Times are hard, look back at the FML were the guy who was getting married had to move back in.

maimengming 10

It could also be that she wanted to be pregnant. She may have gone to her mom's to take the test and share the moment. That's something my sisters would do.

You're the type of person that really irks me. No matter if you like it or not, PEOPLE ARE GOING TO HAVE SEX. Its human instinct. Yes, some people are dumb and don't use protection. But how do you know OP isn't in a committed relationship? How do you know she ISN'T married and just isn't ready for kids? How do you know she didn't use birth control? It isn't 100% effective. How do you know she lives with her mom? She could have been visiting. And if she does, how do you know it's not because she's fallen on hard times? Stop assuming things because it makes you look ridiculously ignorant.

How do you know she wasn't trying and crying tears of joy? You not what they say about assuming...(;

Assume: make an ass of you and me ... Right, but what if your comment only makes and ass of you? Assu?

Maybe I'm assuming but the way the FML was presented it sounded more like she was upset

It makes an ass out of you and me! My big sister once thought it would be funny to tell me what it was on the Easter that is before us...

oceanbeauty 17

I think she was crying because she was sad, not happy. Her mom laughed at her for making the mistake. I don't think a mother would laugh at her daughter if she was trying to get pregnant and found out she wasn't.

I'd say you had some egg on your face.

I'd say she has the egg moving down her fallopian tube.

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or if you've actually never heard the phrase "egg on your face".

OP, how did you end up taking an ovulation test instead of a pregnancy test? Did you mix up the ovulation test with a pregnancy test because your trying to get pregnant? Or did you grab the ovulation test by mistake when you were in a rush to get a pregnancy test?

unknown_user5566 26

If you can't tell the difference between the two tests, maybe, just maybe, you shouldn't be having sex in the first place (assuming you're young of course).

wanderingshopper 13
izzy7 11

I have two problems with this. First, if you're still living with your mother you're either too young to be reproducing, or not financially responsible enough to be supporting yourself, much less a child, and second, I understand mistakes happen, but if you're too stupid to be able to read the packaging you probably shouldn't be reproducing at all for the sake of the human gene pool.

Psycho_Babydoll 26

She said she showed her mother. There's nothing in the FML that suggests they still LIVE together.

CharresBarkrey 15

62 is right. I go to my mother for all sorts of advice, a lot of people do. But I don't live with her.

I think she was happy about being pregnant. If she was upset about being pregnant I can imagine she'd tell her mom, but why show her the test? Showing someone the test seems like something you do when you're happy. The laughing fits better too. The mother probably would be upset that her daughter is having sex if her being pregnant was so bad that she would cry. The crying out of being upset would make sense if the daughter was 14 or something. I don't think the mom would laugh in that case.

CharresBarkrey 15

Why would the mom laugh at her daughter not being pregnant when she's trying to get pregnant? It sounds the other way around.

She's laughing because OP took the wrong test.

CharresBarkrey 15

81 - Yes, but if she's ovulating, she's not pregnant. The mom should know this.

Actually an ovulation test can come up positive if pregnant

taking an ovulation test while pregnant will give a positive result. since you are taking a pregnancy test i will assume your period is late... most people ovulate within 2 or 3 weeks of getting their period. so i would say, odds are, you are pregnant

Holy Hell! Google says you're right. OP is most likely pregnant.