By ShelterForTheHomless - 14/01/2014 03:31 - United States - Anaheim

Today, I took a nap in my car right after finishing up at work. I was woken up by a hobo sitting in the passenger seat, watching me sleep. Apparently, he'd managed to unlock the door with a wire hanger. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 636
You deserved it 5 892

perdix tells us more.

perdix 29

#41, yes, but I only know the shenanigans hobos play on male victims, and, yes, I'm still bitter that FML didn't publish that one.

Top comments

RenoTheRhino 30

Politely give him a parcel of food and ask him to leave. Then make sure there isn't anything funky in your car..

Comments

Acquire some pepper spray, maybe take a few self-defense classes. Hopefully this will teach you to be more vigilant in the future. You're lucky you didn't get hurt!

Rainhawk94 27

The man did nothing wrong and you're suggesting pepper spraying him? Bitch move

he did nothing wrong... except break into her vehicle while she was unconscious?

Yeah, he's lucky it wasn't my car he broke into while I was sleeping in it. I'd have pulled my gun on him. But then, I wouldn't sleep in a car that is apparently easy to break into.

82 It's actually easy to get into about any vehicle. Wing windows was one method back in the day but even the new stuff can be broken into if you have the right tools. I happen to have some because I work on cars and some cars will lock themselves when lifted into the air

... he did nothing wrong? He broke into somebody's car while they slept. How is that okay?! Hobo is lucky OP doesn't swing when he's startled..

No, I've locked my keys in my car more than once, and both times I had to call a professional, even after about a half dozen people tried to help me. I doubt a homeless person has access to the tools you're referencing. But I still wouldn't sleep in my car unless I was homeless myself and had no other option.

^Tools?? He used a coat hanger... not too hard to come by and simple to use for breaking into a car.

stroudie94 9

@70 how would you like it if you woke up to some homeless guy/stranger next to you in bed? Its the same thing. If you don't go on the defensive and get him out or get away from him than you're an idiot.

I was replying to 88, who said that any car is easy to break into with the right (presumably professional) tools. A coat hanger is not a professional tool and does not work when attempting to break into a 2006 Hyundai Tiburon GT, at least not when I and six other people tried it. It seems that the only unprofessional tool that I know of that could break into that car is a brick, and if you're such a heavy sleeper that you'd sleep through a brick crashing through your window, then what the **** are you doing sleeping in a public place? But, like I said, I still wouldn't sleep in my car unless I had absolutely no other option.

catsie_fml 14

Next time, don't nap in your car.

yes, next time he should drive home while he's extremely tired so he falls asleep while driving, that's what a responsible person does

You never napped in a car? Such a wasted life... ;)

#18 pretty funny comment. Cracked me the **** up!!! LOLOLOLOLOL

challan 19
Lemurcat 12

"I buy you nice dresses AND THIS IS HOW YOU TREAT THEM?!"

Maybe you just looked so peaceful that he wanted to be a part of it?

perdix 29

Good thing you woke up while he was just watching. You could have been a victim of the Hobo Hand Job/Out. The hobo pleasures you manually in your sleep and when you wake up, he menaces you will a handful of your spooge until you pay him to leave, hence the "handout" portion. Terrifying!

"Here in my car I feel safest of all I can lock all my doors It's the only way to live In cars" Gary Numan gave me false hope. ):

Prefix, I almost always laugh or thumb up your comments but I believe OP is a female. Wouldn't it be difficult to give a woman a hand job and get spooge from her???

Merylwen 24

It must be such a mess in your head.

perdix 29

#41, yes, but I only know the shenanigans hobos play on male victims, and, yes, I'm still bitter that FML didn't publish that one.

Whoa, Pedrix got thumbed down!? Well, when you comment in every single FML, this is going to happen eventually. Hehe, his comments always remind me if a man going through a mid-life crisis cracking jokes in front of teenagers. Not that it's a bad thing, just saying.

Nastorrian 11

that's a compliment of the highest degree in the hobo world of etiquette

how did you not wake up to the sound of him breaking into your car while you were still in it??

@ #38, have you ever work an extremely long shift, or a night shift? I used to work between 11 and 13 hour shifts and worked less then 5 miles from my home and could hardly stay awake. And a couple times had to get a ride home because I didn't trust myself from not falling asleep!! I know when I am that tired and fall asleep nothing wakes me up.

Yes I actually have worked 11-12 hour shifts before. After getting off work late I would just drive with all of the windows rolled down. I guess I am just a light sleeper since I find it odd someone could sleep through their car being broken into when theyre still inside.

This is really a very unfortunate event. When bad time comes, even anyone can unlock your car's door with a wire whilst you are not alert.

JMichael 25

The poor fella just wanted to watch you sleep OP. You had to ruin it by waking up.