By My_Cow_kiM - 28/04/2009 23:05 - United States

Today, I told my mom I'm severely allergic to my cat and that the doctor told me it would be best to get rid of the cat. Somewhat jokingly, I told her it was either me or the cat. She chose the cat. She was serious too. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 449
You deserved it 5 604

Same thing different taste

Top comments

if you're a minor and still going to school, that's sad but if you're like 30, living at home and paying no rent... clearly the cat should win it all depends...

#3 that's ****** up. You can't make people choose over two things they love. Most of the time it will backfire at the person saying it.

Comments

i don't know why people are so shocked that the cat always wins. cats aren't something to just 'be rid of,' or something. all i will say is, i don't care who the heck you are, my cat will always win in those kinds of ultimatums, simply because my cat is my baby.

#12 - yes the cat is your baby, but don't you think this PERSON is their mother's baby? i have a cat myself that i absolutely adore, but would never, ever trade himfor a member of my family..i'd probably give him to a friend who i knew could take care of him.

oh ps, the OP stated that she was joking when she gave her mum the ultimatum, so to those saying she shouldn't have given her mum the ultimatum..get a life

I'd say cat. Honestly, the OP was just asking for an answer when they gave the "ultimatum" jokingly or not. In all seriousness, get over it. http://www.whycindywhy.com/?id=yh7ga7debhx9bj5ltg38ngq68jsmj

grazynaanka 0

well obviously since you gave that ultimatum you are probably old enough to move out. maybe she's trying to tell you something by preferring the cat over you. maybe you're not the best son/daughter and treat your mom like crap. therefore she prefers the cat because, the cat shows unconditional love. take my mom for instance, she's married and has a dog. she'd chose the dog over her husband any day because, the dog treats her way better than her husband does.

rikard_fml 0

she shouldnt be married, seriusly if she loves a dog more then her husband and would chose it instead it seems like they are disfunctional so give them some divorce pappers aye?

No offense (actually, affirmative offense), your mom needs to woman up and divorce him. Obviously, she has a dysfunctional marriage if she adores the dog over her spouse. I don't understand why the person above me got thumbed down; she needs to get those divorce papers ASAP. And this isn't meant to pick on animals. It's just common sense that no matter how amazing your pet is, your spouse (or kids in OP's case) should still come first.

You know there are treatments for your allergy, don't you? And why did you came with such a heartless comment? don't you care for your family cat? If I understand well, you live under the same roof as him.. Honestly, YDI... And Yay to your mom, cause she taught you at once not to joke with a live, even an cat's.

you cant be serious, actually arguing over whether or not it's justified for somebody to throw t heir kid on the street for a cat? HOW are you even going to have a conversation about that? btw yeah this is definately not real