By jentown11 - 28/09/2009 15:14 - United States

Today, I told my husband I wanted a divorce. He told me he didn't. End of discussion. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 785
You deserved it 18 025

Same thing different taste

Comments

Marriage counseling. If you already tried that, then divorce his ass anyway. The fact that he doesn't want to when your marriage is going downhill shouldn't matter if you've already tried to fix it.

well tell him your not his little bitch. obviously he's yours if your the one divorcing him

Haha if only all females listened to there masters YDI

You're a woman, your opinion doesn't matter.

Inked2009 0

He can't tell you no, you can go ahead,and file for divorce.

Sucks for you? You shouldn't have gotten married to someone you weren't going to stay with and work things out with. 'For better or for worse' doesn't mean 'until 10 years later when I decide to find greener pastures'. That's just how marriage works. If you're into the Bible (though, despite being Christian, I'm not) it says you should work it out, no matter what, unless he's like... abusive. Then it says you should just get far away from him. Granted, I think in the latter case divorce would be good... but, it for no real reason like that, I think you deserve it. You should be trying to work it out instead of going for divorce. You shouldn't get married, if you're just going to use papers to escape in a few years.

ellbtvsvm 0

Look, if someone doesn't want to be married, then they don't want to be married. What gives you the right to determine when it is and is not valid??

ghoulie 0

Dude, back the hell off. You don't know what she's been through. You don't know all that happened with this guy. He might have been abusive or he might just be emotionally abusive which is just as bad. So shut up. You're just assuming that this lady didn't even try and that's not right. Even if she didn't it's none of your business. You're not helping anyone by doing that.

"You don't know what she's been through. You don't know all that happened with this guy." And you do? You're just assuming the worst to make Romaunts look like an asshat. But it aint gonna fly with me. Maybe she just wanted out cuz he doesn't listen to her/take her out anymore/care about her feelings blah blah blah... What ever the reason, get off Romaunts' nuts. Anyways, like how I pointed out that you assumed the worst and I'm doing the same thing :P (on the opposite side of the spectrum, of course)

freddie_fml 0

LOL, okay. You must be a lot of fun to be around.

ghoulie 0

Get out quick. If he's as controlling as he sounds it could turn ugly quickly.

examancer 0

I'm sure the OP is aware of the fact that she can leave anyways and regretful of the fact that she used poor judgment in marrying this guy. The part that makes this a real FYL is the fact that this makes it obvious your husband is not going to make this easy on you. The divorce will be a long protracted battle if your husband has this mindset. I don't envy you.

why isn't there a third option "this is retarded and not an FML whatsoever"?

Ahhh.. the 'button-which-shall-not-be-called-by-name'... aka the infamous 'Meh' button. Why (oh why) can't we have the third button we all yearn for?!?!? Please. Pretty-please?