By booyouwhoree - 03/03/2009 20:49 - United States

Today, I told my friend I hadn't had a period in 5 months. She asked me if I was pregnant. When I asked her if I looked 5 months pregnant, she replied, "Is that supposed to be a trick question?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 840
You deserved it 18 389

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tyler1 0

OMG I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM! i haven't my period in 15 YEARS! then again im a 15 year old guy..

well, do you have any idea as to why you wouldn't be getting your period for 5 months straight if you weren't? mine skips for like two months if i'm stressed but that's about it.

Comments

There are definitely a lot of reasons you could be missing period, but if you are concerned, then take a pregnancy test. I wish you the best of luck if you are pregnant.

#9- Not okay, man. Even in anonymous commentary.

digapygmy 0

Dude, I have the same problem (except for my friends thinking I'm 5 months pregnant, lol). 19 years old, not on birth control or any meds, fairly stressed (but hey, I'm in college). I can not have my period for months at a time, but it always reappears. It's been 3 or 4 months right now. But I think both you and I should go see a gyno, because I don't know about you, but this has been going on for a couple years for me.

Huh...kind of interesting how you wouldn't be concerned even in the slightest if you've been 5 months late on your period. Did you think that was supposed to happen? 5 months? Really? 5 months and you didn't ask or talk to ANYONE? Wow...you're either really stupid or this is made up.

Zor 5

do you not realise how irregular most periods are? Some women hardly ever have them at all because they skip around so damn much.

I have the same problem. Except for the fact that I've gone over 9 months without having a period. And I am 19. Obviously, it's not stress, and I do everything the natural way. I don't take birth control, and I don't have sex (I'm a virgin anyway). There are serious health problems that can be related with this. In my case, I have a rare blood disease. Really check up with a gyno about what could be going on. It's a definite problem. I mean, I'm sure mine is little more serious than yours. But still, you should get blood tests (though they can't do much without knowing what to look for).

Sorry, another comment. I've had this problem since puberty, so obviously it's nothing wrong with my being fat. There may be different factors that some people don't understand. Hormone levels have a lot to do with this. I'm not saying you're fat, or a bigger person, BUT having more fat in your body means higher testosterone levels, which also means, less periods. This could be an issue. And you can test your hormone levels, ask your gyno, or doctor, to do this for you. Also, I have gotten tested for a thyroid disorder for my menstrual condition. So, ask your doctor, bring it up. Don't be afraid. Some serious problems could develop later in life if you don't take the correct precautions to the problem.

On the bright side, any drinking, drugs and/ or smokes you've had in the last 5 months will make raising the child fun.

msimon_2008 0

well you can miss periods if you underweight too i am underweight and haven't had a period in over a year...so maybe the trick was that she was thinking you were way to tiny to look preggerz :)

You shouldn't brag about being underweight...

kittykat1501 31

she's not bragging, she is stating a fact. I take medication for my ADHD that kills my apetite, so I'm underweight. it's not a good thing, nor am I bragging about it. it's a fact.