By brokenhearted - 19/01/2016 14:59 - Sweden - Kung?lv

Today, I told my boyfriend he's the only good thing left in my life. That's not a healthy relationship dynamic, he said, and ended up breaking up with me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 039
You deserved it 3 574

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That is a pretty bad thing to do at a time like that... But he is right(about the dynamic part). I'm sorry you're having a rough time, but you aren't alone. I can say from experience that it gets better, and you come out stronger in the end.

Comments

ezrajab 22

Things will look better idk why you said that to him but clearly you can't confide in him sorry about that op.

Rammer3500 23

As awful as that is, you dont need that kind of person around; you deserve someone better.

Although I feel terrible for you OP, I can definitely see where he was coming from; since I've been in that situation myself. I have to let you know, that having someone tell you that you're the only good thing in their life, or even worse (in my case) having someone tell you that you're the only thing keeping them alive, is an insane amount of pressure. And although you probably meant it with the best intentions, (and I'm only saying this from my experience), it is very stressful to be with someone who puts that pressure on you, and it's a horrible feeling to feel as though you are stuck being with someone because you are so afraid that if you wanted to leave, you might destroy that person or worse. And i know it's devastating for you, but honestly, you wouldn't want to be in a relationship with someone who is only with you because they pity you.

I personally would think that was just his way out that he's been looking for but that's just my logic. You'll find someone great but remember you got to love yourself before you can love and be loved. I hope you find someone great or work it out and have a happy and prosperous life!

Axel5238 29

I ended a relationship recently for pretty much the same thing. She had nothing going for her and I was supporting her. There were no signs of things getting better. It's hard to build a future with someone that views you as the only positive thing and everything thing revolves around the relationship usually makes things worse even if done with good intentions.

As awful as that feels, he's right, OP. If you're feeling that terrible, you shouldn't be in a relationship in the first place. That said, if and when you begin to feel better, please don't go running back to him. Once a relationship is over, it should stay over! Trying to get him back will only make things worse (and you'll be seen as desperate).

That does seem awfully clingy in my opinion. I'm sorry OP!

Malsain_fml 10

No good. Sorry for OP. But in the first place, what is the point in saying such a thing to a lover?