By lamed - 04/12/2009 22:01 - United States

Today, I stopped by the gun store to pick up a new concealed weapon for protection. As I was leaving the store, a man came up behind me, hit me with a crowbar, and stole my gun. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 204
You deserved it 14 776

Same thing different taste

Top comments

loserloser 0

you should have gotten a crowbar instead, apparently.

Now if that isn't irony I don't know what is. FYL though.

Comments

This is why guns give people a false sense of security. On top of that, most fatalities involving guns from personal, lawful, ownerships by citizens involve family members and close friends. So if you buy a gun for "protection" you're just really setting up for your entire family to be killed.

Thank you, was going to post something like this :-)

And this is why you educate your family about gun safety. Rule number one. Never point the barrel at a person. That can save lots of lives alone. Of course, if you are afraid of guns, don't buy one. Its absolutely your right. But why should anyone tell me I'm too irresponsible to have one. Here's another statistic for you. Most severe car accidents in which a passenger is injured involves a family member or close friend. Most people will be involved in at least one accident in their lives. If you drive a car, you are just setting up for your entire family to be killed. Your post is irresponsible and ill informed.

Guns are a target for criminals. They don't make you safer.

no, guns put a target on criminals. semantics really, but it makes a big difference.

fmylife is acting weird, sorry for the repost.

You shouldn't be walking around near Gordon Freeman.

AtrumMessor 1

Seriously, carrying a piece without constant vigilance is worse than being unarmed. Now if dude goes and kills someone with your gun it'll come back to you. I feel for ya, but ultimately, YDI for now inadvertantly putting one more untraceable gun to the underworld.

AtrumMessor 1

 Hey, to all the idiot Limeys and Aussies up there, food for thought: in the states in the Union where gun bans are least restrictive, there is a very definite and traceable correlation between higher gun ownership rates and lower incidence of violent crime. And this isn't coming from the NRA or any such organization, but the FBI. Oh, and the UK has a much higher breaking-and-entering rate than the US. But hey, if you think it's better to let the sleazebags run rampant while the citizens run defenseless, it's your messed-up country...