By Annette - 22/09/2012 16:17 - United States - Seattle

Today, I started my new job. Less than one hour into the day, my boss told me that the reason he hired me was that I was the least attractive of everyone he interviewed, so I'd be less likely to cause a distraction. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 328
You deserved it 2 093

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow... well at least you got the job!! CONGRATS!

9inchesSoft 11

The good - they got the job. The bad - they were hired because they are unattractive. The ugly - OP

Comments

Pullie 3

this is where ugliness outperforms beauty! congratulations.

mookiemookie01 24

beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I recently started a new job and I was beyond surprised that I got the job in the first place because even though I know I'm qualified, I'm the youngest person working in the entire building and I'm one of only two women working for the collections agency. Yesterday was the first day of my second week on the jobs and my boss essentially told me to remind him to give me a raise once the three month probationary period was over since I was hired at considerably low pay and only hired because I was the most attractive person that applied for the job. Since Im the head of HR, we'll be working closely together and he basically said if he had to see someone all day every day they might as well be hot. He went on to say that he was pleasantly surprised that I could actually do the job. Basically he thought i was stupid but pretty. Id rather be hired by someone who thought I was competent to do the job. Who cares if your boss isn't that attracted to you, it only means that you wont have to deal with an uncomfortable work relationship!

Don't worry OP.Looks doesn't really matter in tje corporate world