By RebekahBrooke - 17/09/2011 17:13 - United States

Today, I started my first day as a waitress. After getting my ass slapped, drinks and food spilled over me, and being tripped by a bratty kid, my tips were stolen. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 164
You deserved it 2 640

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

RebekahBrooke 9

it was actually a family owned restaurant. -_- that was the most annoying thing. the owner told me to, "deal with it. be faster at getting the tips."

FYLDeep 25

You look really young. I'm going to assume this is your first job? It will get better (slowly). I've been through an array of shitty jobs, each one slightly better than the last. Good luck.

Ah, so it was another waitress that swiped you tip before you could? That really sucks

RebekahBrooke 9

Yeah, I'm only 15. That's why the only place that can hire me was family owned. But hey.. it's cash. Wow. That sounds very *****-like.

RebekahBrooke 9

Well, the thing is the restaurant isn't that big. So I can see when people leave tips from across the room, plus it says so on the receipt. I'm pretty sure it was one of the other waiters, but who knows?It could have been another customer like that other person said, for all I know. :/

No offense, but I would slap your ass too xP You're quite hot

mariet_fml 23

In regards to the ass slap, tell your boss that you will not take that from customers. If he refuses to back you up when making them stop or leave, tell him that he is encouraging sexual harassment and you can sue.

sourgirl101 28

54, you said it was your first day waitressing. Was it your first day on your own or are you still being trained by someone? (: I only ask because where I work, when I train a new bartender, they don't keep any of the tips because they get paid $8. an hour on a paycheck for me training them. I'm still working for tips during that time.

Not to sound rude but at least someone trusts you enough to hire you. Noone seems me or any other 15 year olds where i live.

Only the second time I've seen OP comment on their own FML.

But in regard to the actual FML, I used to help my dad out sometimes at his restaurant as a waiter or just as a cashier. All of these things, minus the ass grabbing, happened to me, and that was the reason I asked if I could just go work in the kitchen. I hate people who act superior to anyone thats job is to serve them. But anyway, OP, I hope it will get better as the days go.

I am not trying to sound mean, but you obviously love that you got an FML posted. I only say this because you have replied to many comments and even wrote one yourself. Whatever... Hope your job progressively gets better. :)

RebekahBrooke 9

actually, getting posted made the day MUCH better. :)

Well, I am glad posting this took some stress off of your day. :) From what I can see it was a very hard one at that. As I said before, I hope your job gets better.

Well, I am glad posting this took some stress off of your day. :) From what I can see it was a very hard one at that. As I said before, I hope your job gets better.

Probably should get a job not at Hooters

Judging fron the op's previous comment, she works at a restaurant called Jesus Christ. The have the best burgers and wing, i've been there.

RebekahBrooke 9

hahahahaa comments are great so far.

One thing you will very quickly learn is that working in retail will teach you to hate people. Honestly. I bet Hitler worked in retail at some point in his life. It seriously sucks.

gatorkiss 0

Sorry you had a bad day. You need to get tough. No ass slappin, stealin, or loud mouth runny nose kids going to ruin your day tomorrow. Put your foot down.

This fml was just an excuse to brag that you are 'sexy' enough to get your ass slapped, wasn't it. tsk tsk

Where do you live, #69, ***** Island?? It's not a bragging right to have your ass slapped.. it's annoying and offensive. OP's 15... that adds "scary" to the list.

Just because an 18 year old girl posts a cute pic of herself as a dp doesn't mean you can call her a *****; your reasoning is just as boring as hers was. If you're calling her a *****, you must be some 70 year old Christian virgin who can't look at a pair of **** without chastising yourself.. Oh the variety of people you meet on FML.

RebekahBrooke 9

1) no. not bragging, but it was still slightly funny. 2) it doesnt make her a *****, it just says she sucks at making jokes. but not everyone is gifted like perdix. :3

69- Someone is a little insecure about the way they look. Just because this happened to happen to an attractive girls does nit mean anything. Obviously she did not want to be, and that is why the FML exists.

*not. That is suppose to say " does not"

How did you get that I'm insecure about the way I look from my comment at all, lol. what the ****

Thank you for explaining to her so I did not have to deal with her. :)

I had that happen once! I was a bartender/cocktail waitress for about 20 years! I know how it sucks! I had a lot of money, gone!! Just like that!

structuredchaoz 4

Ouch. Hang in there. Be stoked your actually working. The days will get easier and you will actually enjoy your job at some point.

bobbilight13 1

You see this? This is the world's smallest violin playing just for the waitresses.