By Anonymous - 28/01/2015 01:24 - United States - Rochester

Today, I spent over an hour shovelling the walkway and driveway, snow blowing in my face and down my coat. When I was finally finished, a guy started going through the neighborhood plowing everyone's driveways for them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 460
You deserved it 2 979

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Thinkitthrough 23

Hey, you've exercised, and you made his job a bit easier. Sure it was hard, but I bet your muscles feel great

Comments

Last time i shovelled my driveway i sprained my ankle...falling down the stairs on my way to go do it.

At least youre not reliant on that guy being nice and can handle it yourself.

Who plows driveways? They're used to park. Not to plant seeds?

Yeah, but it makes it easier to park.

Early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.

you so deserve it who shovels snow when its still snowing ?

people who dont want to wait until it gets to be 2 feet tall?

Dude just ruined a perfectly good money making scheme for every kid in that neighborhood

The lazy little bastards in my neighborhood will not shovel snoe, even for decent money, and I have 7 houses so they could get some decent work, but they would rather fingerbang their Xbox than be responsible.

Look on the bright side: Now you have an excuse to procrastinate next time, "just in case".

Why would you shovel while it is still snowing? That seems silly to me, like trying to dry the pavement as it rains

WasabiMars 21

#27 Maybe OP needed to use the driveway. And no one really tries to dry pavements.

They said that the snow was blowing, not falling. :) If the snow is "dry," if it's really cold out and the snow crust is broken, or the snow is new-fallen powder, it'll be loose on the ground. If even a light breeze comes by, the snow will begin to blow about and get everywhere, just like it would if it were falling. That's how you get drifts of snow on the roads, etc. It makes shoveling super miserable, but it's not like you can really avoid it.

Also, if you know it's going to be snowing for a long time, you may want to shovel now and then to avoid having to shovel 4 feet of heavy snow the next day. Especially if you have back problems or whatnot.