By Martine624 - 07/05/2015 21:56 - Netherlands

Today, I spent nearly two hours listening to our cleaning lady talking about her son's infected penis, her fear of dentists, how to catch and kill ducks, her husband's childhood and her supposedly murdered dog. She ended up crying and left without cleaning. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 108
You deserved it 3 469

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It was really nice for you to listen. Sometimes people just need to get words off their chest.

lhazz11 23

At least you were nice enough to listen!

Comments

lhazz11 23

At least you were nice enough to listen!

It was really nice for you to listen. Sometimes people just need to get words off their chest.

JustinJK 21

Yeah but it's not in her jkb description to vent her issues. It's to clean. That's what therapists are for.

She might not have had anyone else to talk to. Good for you for being human. She should come back another time to clean.

JustinJK 21

That's why I said "that's what therapists for". Counselors are helpful and are trained to give proper feedback. whereas it probably made OP uncomfortable.

Therapist is better than OP, but OP is better than nothing. Hopefully the cleaning lady can find a way to talk to a therapist, but at least OP helped even if only a little.

they're also generally expensive especially for a mother whose occupation is as a cleaning lady...

Swandive235 27

Hire a new one???? And there are things such as earbuds for blanking out of situations like these.

She might have no one to talk about this to OP. She must of told you this in strength and cried when she finished due to fear of some sort. Give her support and she will clean for free :3

Whoa, cleaning lady has a lot on her plate. You were probably the first person she was able to talk to about all that and helped her a lot even if it may not have seemed that way.

What? Who doesn't like to hear about infected penises and doctors. No just kidding that sucks for you hopefully you didn't pay and were able to find another maid.

Are you going to clean my freaken house?! "Oh no.....I no clean. Me son penis dirtier.."

Well if you have time to listen to her complain about all of that, I think you can clean your own house.

She could of been sitting at a desk working as she ventilated to her.

JustinJK 21

Or the cleaning lady can do her job that she's paid for. My father runs a company and works from home half the time. That's the one place his housekeepers never clean because he's always in video/voice meetings and working hard to make money to pay them. If someone doesn't want to clean their house, and instead higher a little help on the side to relieve them of life's little stress, more power to them.

Seriously? Whether or not she has time to means nothing. If she has the money, that means someone else has a job and will get money. More jobs are always better.

Well...so much for cleaning your house. But then again I should feel sorry for her.