By astraboy - 21/05/2009 09:11 - Australia

Today, I spent 3 hours making a birthday card for my boyfriend, delicately cutting each letter out of printed coloured paper. He used it as a coffee coaster. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 182
You deserved it 8 530

Same thing different taste

Top comments

When someone does that kind of shit with stuff I make, I stop caring about getting them anything special. Next time just grab a card and sign it, since he doesn't seem to care. By the way, don't print out colored paper just to cut out. Go out and buy construction paper, it's cheaper.

deaditegirl 0

What a jerk. Even if he's not into the sentimentality of cards or whatever, he should at least show some appreciation for you and your effort.

Comments

yeah. us guys do stuff like that. Maybe next time just buy him food at his favorite place?

...and then you dumped him. Right?

Homemade card is a shitty gift anyways. Next time spend your time cooking or cleaning, like a real woman.

I'm sorry, but it's a card. He looked at it and I'm sure knew that you worked hard on it. Sure using it as a coaster isn't classy, but what do you want him to do with it? Put it in his "Memories" box? Guys aren't that sentimental.

OP is a guy, and he's clearly that sentimental. My boyfriend is definitely sentimental enough to appreciate and keep a card I've made for him. Who are you to say everyone is the same because of their gender?

deaditegirl 0

What a jerk. Even if he's not into the sentimentality of cards or whatever, he should at least show some appreciation for you and your effort.

YDI, boys are like that. He probably didn't realize how much work you put into the card or how important it was to you that he value it. You have to tell them stuff like this. I've been married for four years; I get that now. If it's important to you, TELL HIM. He more than likely won't guess it.

MikesAgirl 0

emmm... this isn't really an FML... guess someone was a little lazy with the moderating huh? and anyways... it's JUST a card. ur the twat that's retarded and can't make it faster... little' cutting here little' gluing there, big deal.

Snooopy_fml 5

its called pride in your work, and letting your love for someone show through, asshole.

Snooopy_fml 5

its called pride in your work, and letting your love for someone show through, asshole.

Don't dump him. Just never do anything for him for a few weeks. Even if he asks just say "no". And when he asks why you just remind him of this. He'll learn. Fast.

Wow, he actually did that in front of you. What a jerk.