By emisara93 - 15/11/2016 00:38 - United States

Today, I found out that the insurance that my husband signed us up with for next year doesn't cover any of our doctors. Now we need to find 4 different doctors who take our insurance. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 005
You deserved it 861

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's Insurance 101: Always check the provider list. Did you not discuss your options beforehand? That's something that affects both of you (and any children you might have) so both of you need to be actively involved.

Rawrshi 25

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Comments

"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor!" lol, liar.

Rawrshi 25

May the odds be ever in your favor.

You may be able to get it changed by filing a complaint, if you got it through the marketplace and they didn't check if your doctors actually took that insurance or outright lied about it. Just look into it, you may find some way to get a different plan.

That's Insurance 101: Always check the provider list. Did you not discuss your options beforehand? That's something that affects both of you (and any children you might have) so both of you need to be actively involved.

Good luck OP. May you overcome these tough odds

You won't have that problem when Trump comes in. You won't have any insurance and will have the freedom to choose any doctor who accepts cash. Isn't that great again?

More like cheaper premiums once the "unaffordable care act" is revitalized into a useful system

How'd that work for ya? Double digit unemployment.

That's definitely something your husband should have checked before signing the papers. But it also irritates me how greedy doctors can be. The only reason they don't take lower end insurance is because the policy doesn't allow them to charge more than $100 for a very basic visit. Really? You spent all of five minutes out of your day to take my blood pressure and tell me that the symptoms I thought were a sinus infection are in fact a sinus infection. And you think that 5 minutes (and only telling me what I already know) is worth MORE than $100?

I pay 175.00 just to sit in the waiting... The cost is getting to be ridiculous

I would recommend calling your doctors and see what insurance they take and assuming you have insurance through the market place you can either call or go online and change the plan. You have until December 15th to pick or change a plan so your insurance starts on Jan 1st. I used to work at a call center for the makers place