By are you kidding me - 20/10/2014 04:53 - United States - Wichita

Today, I showed up to work and my boss was nowhere to be found. A phone call later, I find out he's in Dubai. Oh, and since I'm his personal assistant, I should be able to take care of matters until he gets back. I've only been his assistant for a week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 949
You deserved it 2 689

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Maybe you could speak to his boss, if there is one? At least since you're new you'll probably be given a little slack. Good luck, OP! Just do your best and maybe if you do a good job you'll get a pay raise out of it, haha. ;)

Comments

Just do as the boss does "DELEGATE" and if that fails throw a fit as any boss would usually do!!! Good luck... Maybe you do a better job than your boss!!!

That sounds so rough! Hopefully he doesn't expect so much..

hopefully you do a good job and prove that your capable of stepping up.

There's a lot of obstacles but I'm sure you can do it :)!

It sounds like he has faith in you to handle things fine while he's gone. I do have one really stupid question though -- if you're his personal assistant, how could you NOT know he was going to be gone? I don't get that one. Good luck though!

It didn't cross the boss's mind to tell them?

Just pray not a lot comes up...and if something does it's not too major

I have only one word to say to you : embezzlement.

On literally my second day of working at a barn, the trainer handed me her credit card and the keys to her sports car and told me to go buy some things for the horses and riders. Do a good job holding down the fort, my friend, and you'll get respect and maybe a raise.