By Marine - 28/03/2009 05:38 - United States

Today, I sent my boyfriend of over a year a text message telling him how much I loved him, how perfect he is for me and what I love about him. He sent me back a text saying, "I thought you had class." FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 277
You deserved it 8 491

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Another text message FML? My goodness. lol. Just get over it. If you didn't tell him in person, then you don't love him enough. Some guys just can't stand that stuff especially if it's over text or instant message,

Two things: 1) You should be ******* paying attention in class, not texting your boyfriend. I don't care how hottt he is. 2) Trying to be romantic over SMS is pitiful. Say it to his face.

Comments

13AlibiesETF 6

Don't worry my bf did the same. Boys get so awkward and just say random things:)

haaa ydi. thats why you dont tell the person you love that you love them through textmessaging. its stupid. just tdll them in person. its more believeable then. gezzz people need to stop being so dependent of there cell phones.

SmileyLexie123 0

Lies I seen that on google. Don't take credit

elletex 8

It's refreshing to see that fellow female commenters have not been defending OP. She honestly sounds like a melodramatic and slightly insecure girlfriend if she really needs sappy text messages as reassurance in her relationship. As others have said, texts are impersonal. True, this may be a long distance relationship you still have actual phone calls and video chats like Skype. I've been in a long distance relationship before, and while I have sent the occasional spontaneous "I love you" texts, the more detailed statements should be done in a more personal manner. Also, since when is OP's boyfriend obligated to type out long, sappy messages to display affection? Is there some kind of rule stating that he should he send send out certain minimum of similar texts in order to be a good boyfriend and properly love her? The way I see it, such messages shouldn't be necessary if the boyfriend's actions show it and get the point across? My parents have been married for thirty years, and they don't need to say "I love you" all the time to let the other know it's true. Sorry, but OP sounds like a stereotypical whiny woman who demands constant affection and is determined to label her boyfriend as a "typical insensitive guy." Frankly, I can't stand women like that.

redhedsaysrawr 18

youre secretly a single man, arent you? Or maybe youve just never been in a relationship before, but yeah, in relationships there is occasionally the need of a little "i love you" from your boyfriend, you know? And sometimes texting is all thats available, i mean, sometimes email wont work or the internet or wifi isnt available to your partner, so it gets kinda lonely when you dont talk to them for a while. OP has every right to be upset.

Nolimit2217 32

Good man, reminding you to get that education!

He probably wasn't trying to be rude. He probably realized how sweet it was but was genuinely curious as to why you were texting him when he thought you were supposed to be in class

I just don't reply if I have class or they have class. I don't want to mess up anyone's education