By Anonymous - 30/09/2009 05:34 - Canada

Today, I searched for free parking near my work for 30 minutes, trying to avoid paying $12 at a pay lot. I scored a spot, but 1 mile away from the office. I trekked through rain, cold, and got to work late. It was a long hard day, crawled back to my car, and had a $30 ticket on my windshield. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 366
You deserved it 39 332

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that's literally the dumbest thing ever....if you have to walk a mile to get to work then you might as well pay the damned $12

birds_fml 7

You don't get a parking ticket for no reason. You get a parking ticket if you parked wrong, or you parked in a no parking zone, or if you park in a spot that there's no parking during a certain time of the day. If you can't be bothered to read the damn signs, then YDI. You know what I did, when I realized it would be impossible for me to find on campus parking at my school at 10am? I paid for parking the first day, and then I went driving around to find the closest FREE legal street parking. Yeah, it's a mile away. And no, I won't get a ticket, because I READ THE PARKING SIGNS and know when it's illegal to park, and when it's not. So I don't get tickets.

Comments

I have learned now from several FMLs that I should not try and avoid paying for parking.

Stop copying FMLs!! This is just getting obnoxious.

I've got enough of these "I don't wanna pay 12$ for parking lot so I'll pay 30$ for a ticket"

Did you not see my post from earlier? If anyone is a ******* moron, its you. And as for everyone saying this is a rip off, the world is a very big place, and its possible for this very, very common scenario to happen to more than one person.

Erm... You obviously knew it was raining when you parked unless it was a sudden freak torrential downpour. I...have nothing to say.

prettystoopid 0

is everyone else as sick as I am about reading about these cheap people that end up with tickets? its like there is one every other day, I think they are all FAKE. And if not, morons.

mpangz 0

I agree with #24, why would I want to pay to go to work? That's some BS.

People like to save their money..? $12 seems expensive just to park