By bahhumbug - 21/12/2015 18:25 - United States - Seattle

Today, I received three big boxes from my mother in law, containing expensive cookware. I was puzzled, because I know that she hates me. Turns out she mailed them to us by mistake. Not only did she not get us anything, but I now have to pay to ship the boxes to her neighbor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 119
You deserved it 1 906

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I say act like you never received anything in the first place (; "what ever do you mean pots and pans? we got nothing"

Why would she mail them to her neighbour? Seems weird that she couldn't just have brought them next door herself...

Comments

Sathane 21

Says who? She shipped to the wrong place, she can pay to send them to the right place.

corky1992 33

It was her mistake. I'd make her pay for it.

I mean.. I could see if she mixed up two boxes, but if she didn't plan on getting you anything at all how did she accidently write out your entire name and address on the box? Sounds to me like she's just trying to be malicious.

Probably bought online and MIL tried to get them delivered to their neighbour, instead sending them to the OP.

You really don't have to send them anywhere. It was her mistake and if she wants to fix it she can do it herself.

no way in hell I'd be paying to send anything anywhere

Mail them to her, but like someone else suggested, use them without washing them after. Maybe stick some nursing home brochures in there just for good measure.

I'd say they were mailed but keep then. she can't prove it. you loved them so much you bought some for yourself

No you don't. You don't have to pay for any shipping. If she wants them re-directed she can put the money in your bank account. Otherwise no deal. Anyway. I think she did it on purpose. Was them all addressed to you? If so she wanted you to know that you weren't getting anything. Plus if it is addressed to you then legally the gift is yours. Enjoy.

Sparklypink714 9

lies she told, don't send it back to her