By bahhumbug - 21/12/2015 18:25 - United States - Seattle

Today, I received three big boxes from my mother in law, containing expensive cookware. I was puzzled, because I know that she hates me. Turns out she mailed them to us by mistake. Not only did she not get us anything, but I now have to pay to ship the boxes to her neighbor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 119
You deserved it 1 906

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I say act like you never received anything in the first place (; "what ever do you mean pots and pans? we got nothing"

Why would she mail them to her neighbour? Seems weird that she couldn't just have brought them next door herself...

Comments

Sandman2015 12

I tend to agree with everyone else. Don't pay to have it shipped back. That's not your responsibility.

What if that was her plan all along, to "accidentally" ship it to you so you would need to pay for it to go back!

Just refuse. There's nothing she can do about it, and if she already hates you both, who cares? She can't call the police - she shipped them to you. You could just claim she said they were a gift and then she got mad and wanted them back. They won't care.

No, don't let her make you pay for it. Make her give you the delivery cost, it was her fault

You don't have to do anything in this life except pay taxes and die.

I would hold them hostage until I received postage. That or send her a lavished hand written thank you letter for the lovely gift and explain how much it means that she wants to mend the relationship. Then change your phone number and forget to tell her.