By bahhumbug - 21/12/2015 18:25 - United States - Seattle

Today, I received three big boxes from my mother in law, containing expensive cookware. I was puzzled, because I know that she hates me. Turns out she mailed them to us by mistake. Not only did she not get us anything, but I now have to pay to ship the boxes to her neighbor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 119
You deserved it 1 906

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I say act like you never received anything in the first place (; "what ever do you mean pots and pans? we got nothing"

Why would she mail them to her neighbour? Seems weird that she couldn't just have brought them next door herself...

Comments

cptncuttlefish 24

You're a better person than me, I wouldn't have paid to ship it back hahA

OP, have you ever seen the comments section unanimous before? It isn't your responsibility to pay shipping. If she wants them, she needs to pay. You aren't responsible for her problem. She wouldn't do that to a stranger, she has no right to do it to you. Stand your ground: her problem, not yours.

If she ordered them online three should be a return shipping label in each of the boxes. Send it back to the company.

Possession is nine tenths of the law, I'd deny ever receiving them, or tell her she has to pay to ship them on because it was her mistake. Don't pay anything OP! It's not your problem.

Take the MIL out of the equation for a second...if a package arrives that you did not order and the sender put the wrong address, it is never your responsibility to send it back. You owe nobody anything. The company can pay shipping or MIL can pay or come get it herself if she wants it back.

Aya_rose 5

why would you HAVE to pay for shipping them to her neighbor? It was her mistake. She can either pay for it, or you can keep the merchandise. There's no way fopr her to say that it wasn't sent to you / take them back from you. You have the boxes with your shipping information on it. I'm sorry but Iwouldn't pay. Screw that.

birthdayforgot 14

Just say you mailed it. And keep it and just hide it if she ever comes around lol

Grow some nuts and tell her to **** off. She wants them, she can pay for shipping

dragoongirl90 34

I say **** her. You don't have to pay for Jack shit.

How about you put your foot down and say no. If she made a mistake she needs to fix it. Why should you fix and pay for a mistake that's not yours?