By okaydisarray - 22/03/2016 20:23 - United States - Dayton

Today, I received a letter from an eBay seller for whom I recently left an honest, negative review. I don't know what I was expecting, but I certainly wasn't ready for what spilled out coating my jeans, shoes, and brand new carpet: Glitter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 598
You deserved it 3 170

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Some people really need to learn how to take honest criticism.

Everything has a glittery silver lining to it

mariri9206 32

Actually, not everything that glitters is gold.

Hopefully they'll get fined for gLITTERING! No? I'll go now

Glitter... the herpes of craft supplies. It never fully goes away. Leave another review and tell everyone what happened so people know how petty s/he is. Then report the s.o.b.

zevapup123 14

That must suck. What color was the glitter?

Wow that's an incredibly childish way to respond and also not very original. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go mail something to my ex...

I didn't know they could see who left negative reports :/ That's lame, it should be anonymous for both positive and negative for exactly that reason.

askullnamedbilly 33

I think it's because eBay has the option for sellers to write a comment about negative reviews in case the review is unjustified (for example: a reviewer complaining about the iPhone you sold having a scratch on its back even though noted that scratch in the description, the title and took a photograph documenting it). In order to do that, the seller needs to know which auction the reviewer is talking about so they know whether the buyer has a point or not.

That's fair enough 23, but they could always dispute negative feedback without knowing who left it and only have the names of people who left the feedback available to the actual eBay admin.

askullnamedbilly 33

But they can't dispute if they don't know which article the person is talking about. The number of characters you can use for an eBay review is very limited, so there aren't detailed explanations of the problem that a seller could react to. Let's say you've sold thirty articles on eBay in the past month and you get a review stating 'product had a big scratch on the back'. How do you know which product that is? Maybe one of the things you sold DID have a scratch that you told the buyer about beforehand, but it could easily be a different product that you didn't check properly and the negative review could be justified.

so he sent an extra piece of mail? this makes no sense really unless thats what you meant yet you didnt say.

askullnamedbilly 33

It makes a lot of sense. OP bought an article on eBay. The seller sent the article to OP. OP was dissatisfied with the product they received and left a negative review. After reading the review, the seller decided to be petty, put glitter in an envelope and sent it to OP in retaliation.

I felt it was pretty evident but thanks for clearing it up, #25.