By Anonymous - 17/07/2009 12:56 - United States

Today, I received a "diamond ring" in Mafia Wars (a facebook app) from my boyfriend of 3 years. Along with the ring came a message. It read, "Will you marry me?" He was serious. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 450
You deserved it 9 969

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Isn't that a good thing? I mean, yeah it's not an expensive restaurant and real ring ... but I think it's sweet and almost romantic. :)

Don't post a FML because you are sad you didn't get some multi-thousand dollar ring. He could've given you nothing, like some people on here get. lol

Comments

nixxx90 0

aww I bet he thought that was cute, I do! he probably will get you a real ring if he hasn't already

letitbe56 0

This is word-for-word exactly like the ring-pop one, but with mafia wars. Come on moderators...one of the guidelines they give you is not to post too many similar FML's! Anyway...I would rather be proposed to face to face. So yeah, FYL. That's basically only a smidgen of a step up from proposing in an e-mail.

And thats pretty much the same as proposing by letter. Which people think is quite sweet but because its an email it would be frowned upon. Its the person not the method that counts.

most people are not saying to not say yes the are saying is a horrible idae because there is not face-face human contact or emotion

I think that is cute. Same thing happened to me, but in WoW. My boyfriend had spent all his money and leveled his GC and made a diamond ring with wicked stats for my DK. Needless to say it was epic. lol. But then again, I'm a major nerd. He bought wine in Dalaran and had a person made him a black tux and wore it. You should just be happy that you have found someone you love enough to spend the rest of your life with.

You have to admit that your situation is a little different. WoW sounds like something that is a big part of your life and your boyfriend's (now fiance's) life, so it has sentimental meaning. And your guy actually went to quite a lot of effort despite it being in a virtual world. Most importantly your guy knows you well enough to know that you'd appreciate a proposal like this. OP's boyfriend clearly didn't have a clue or didn't consider what she wanted, or she wouldn't have posted here.

sniperkit 10

this is the best proposal. EVER. You're lucky to have such a loving boyfriend/fiancé/husband.

ohhhh_Ashley 0

I understand the whole proposal not being face to face but it's the thought that counts. maybe he was really nervous and thought that method would be better.

mcsnelly 5

The thought that counts? I really doubt there's a whole lot of thought going into sending a message on facebook....

That's sweet. Maybe you shouldn't gold dig, and respect his choices. Could be that he couldn't afford a real ring, or possibly that he found it more convinient.

no one like other people have said its not about the ring. by the way she worded it it seems that its being propsed via mafia wars, Facebook ,internet. also no one said he had to do it that day and time I'm sure there were time where they see each other in person

My boyfriend can be a really big nerd, but after reading this FML, I am so thankful that he knows better than to do this. It's NOT CUTE. A proposal doesn't need to be a grand gesture, but it should be thoughtful, sentimental, and above all, make her feel special. Look at it from her point of view... it should have been a moment that she could remember fondly for the rest of her life, and tell her kids and grandkids about. I feel so bad for the OP because even if she does want to marry this guy, the moment has been forever spoiled for her. Clearly, she does not have any sentimental feelings about Mafia Wars. The proposal was completely devoid of effort. Can you blame her for feeling completely underwhelmed by it? And how can she not help but question the relationship when he's disappointed her this badly?

ihatestupidppl 0

Said so much better than I could have, thank you.

....what is with the surge of people bitching about proposals that didn't meet their expectations lately? Seriously, get over yourselves. Its getting old. :/

Wittlestalker 0

I hope someone proposes to you online. :/

YDI in a good way. That was very sweet. Congratulations.