By Anonymous - 17/07/2009 12:56 - United States

Today, I received a "diamond ring" in Mafia Wars (a facebook app) from my boyfriend of 3 years. Along with the ring came a message. It read, "Will you marry me?" He was serious. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 451
You deserved it 9 969

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Isn't that a good thing? I mean, yeah it's not an expensive restaurant and real ring ... but I think it's sweet and almost romantic. :)

Don't post a FML because you are sad you didn't get some multi-thousand dollar ring. He could've given you nothing, like some people on here get. lol

Comments

PrincessOfHair 0

it took you this long to realize he was a loser?

That's so ******* retarded. To the folks saying it's cute/sweet and different - STOP. JUST STOP. Just because something is DIFFERENT, doesn't make it sweet. If you think THAT is more special than say... a common thing of going out for dinner and proposing, you have no class, whatsoever.

skullbuster 0

All I know is if this is the best this dud has for the engagement, I wonder what she can count on for an anniversary gift? I guess it's skies the limit when you are giving out "virtual" gifts from some clicking game on a social networking website.

Hopefully you're under level 8 so he got the 'That's Amore' achievement ;)

uhhh cute? maybe.but only if it was a joke or even a hint. but i know i'd want a Real proposal in Person. like someone above said before, the internet is way too impersonal for those kind of things... might as well added 'i less than three yoou' too =/

shnibz101 0

U heartless bitch u should be happy that he proposed. The ******* ring is nothing!!!

I think a lot of females who like this idea of a proposal are either teenagers (young girls are really easily impressed by a little attention these days) who aren't actually faced with the real concept of marriage and commitment and haven't learned what real romance is yet (because teen boys haven't learned how to be romantic yet), or they're women who can't get their boyfriend to commit and would be willing to settle for ANY proposal at this point. Anyone with standards in a serious relationship would not want an email, Facebook, text message, telegram, carrier pigeon, smoke signal, Twitter, or Myspace proposal. If you can't bring yourself to ask in person, you're either lazy or a wiener.

I think you aren't right I think everybody has it's own way of loving someone. I'd do the same, although I don't like the marriage-idea before I turn 30 or something, 'cause it should be something that 'll last forever. I do think a lot of girls don't get the idea of marriage, but I do not think you may judge someone's love by the way they purpose.

say no and dump him,. like us girls arent asking for a grand event. but a REAL ring would be nice. and IN PERSON would help too -_- not over some loser nerd app on FACEBOOK -_-

How is that an FML? It's really cute. I mean, yeah, maybe it wasn't a real ring, but he probably has one for you. And at least he found a creative way to propose. Hope you two are happy together :)

Um, so long as there's a real one involved too?