By Anonymous - 04/06/2017 00:00

Today, my hate for my mother-in-law now outweighs my love for my husband. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 742
You deserved it 359

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There's only one sensible solution to this problem. Go over to her house and shit in her mailbox.

There's a subreddit called "justnoMIL" which might be of interest to you if you aren't already acquainted. I hope you'll be okay.

Comments

This is an extreme case but so often do I read woman vs woman conflict. Why can't people just get along? If you make her son happy, what more could she want? Bitch.

The worst person I know, mother-in-law, mother-in-law She worries me so, mother-in-law, mother-in-law If she leaves us alone, we would have a happy home Sent from down below (Mother-in-law) mother-in-law, (mother-in-law), mother-in-law

bfuy 4

Wouldn't you have known about how much of a cow she was before you got married? YDI. Try to work on it.

You obviously have no idea how often people that are abuser's manage to pretend to be decent human beings. It's a big part of the "courting" and "desensitization" process they put their victims through. Even if OP's MIL isn't an abuser, she very easily could have hidden her uglier side by pretending that she was different. It's also possible that things have fundamentally changed in the relationship like the MIL having a career change, them living closer to each other as the result of something, or OP's husband could have stopped redirecting his mother's attention from OP. If the MIL is the antagonist here, she's at fault, not OP, unless OP did something intentionally harmful to the MIL or OP's husband.

racheal1000 13

If you're willing to leave your marriage over your mother-in-law, your husband is the problem not her.