By BUSTED. - 01/12/2015 19:02 - United Kingdom - London

Today, I punched a drunk woman who kept trying to force herself onto my husband. She turned out to be an off-duty cop. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 554
You deserved it 3 705

Same thing different taste

Top comments

olpally 32

Well worth it. She should be ashamed for behaving that way off duty and hopefully you can clear your name.

That would be embarrassing. Why did you arrest this lady? "She punched me after I was trying to force myself on her husband"

Comments

And? She was off duty and she was drunk. Not much respect there. I woulda made sure she saw stars if she hit on my husband. "Now run and tell that."

Maa'm do you know why i stopped you? I want to hop on to your husband!!

Despite the circumstances, you really shouldn't have hit her. Honestly she doesn't have much grounds for an arrest but in these circumstances you need to be the bigger person. You could call the police, put yourself between them, call the bouncer (if there is one). Striking her should be your last option. You have a better defence if you can say "I tried other things first", because your hit could have caused her to fall and hit her head, creating a more serious injury. You are in a no win situation I hope it worked out.

I really don't see any defense for this. Flirting with a married man is not a crime, but what OP did is.

Um, it doesn't say the cop was hitting on the husband. She was trying to force herself on him. That doesn't mean mindless flirting, it's with the intent of getting what she wants, whether he likes it or not. OP did what came natural: protecting her husband. Hell, if I ever saw anyone pushing on my loved one, despite him saying no, I'd pull her aside and give a punch too. Things can happen too quickly to get security/bouncers/law enforcement involved in some cases.

TheDoctor10 28

Being a cop doesn't give someone the right to be a douchebag. It shouldn't, at least.

doesnt matter if shes a cop or a freaking lawyer, no one should be doing that sorta thing

That's what you get for going around punching people. Grow up

leogachi 15

@79 Yeah, I'm sure Op woke up in the morning and thought, "It would be really nice if I got the opportunity to punch someone today." Trying to force yourself on someone is sexual assault and some people just don't stop until they get a fist to the face.

If she was drunk could have pushed her off? Better yet why didn't your husband push her off???

I've found that a lot of men are super uncomfortable defending themselves against women given the "rule" that a man should never hit a woman. They stick to words and wind up taking a lot of abuse if the woman doesn't take the hint. He probably didn't know what else to do.

Don't think she can arrest if she's off duty.

well that doesn't change any thing you're in the right