By tatertotes13 - 05/04/2016 17:37 - United States - West Bridgewater

Today, I was trying to fix a stapler, but it turns out it wasn't broken at all. It wouldn't staple a small stack of papers but had no trouble stapling through my finger. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 437
You deserved it 3 936

tatertotes13 tells us more.

OP here. Apparently this requires more explanation than I thought. The stapler was jammed so I opened the top to see if the staples were stuck. When I went to close it, the top took a lot of force to close again. My hand slipped and it sent a staple into my finger. It was an accident. I wasn't "testing it out on my finger." At the time, I was in school. I was using the only stapler in the library and it's not like I could leave school in the middle of the day to "go buy a new one." Have a little more faith in me.

Top comments

That's why we don't test out staplers on our fingers

Oh my gosh, OP! That must have really hurt! I hope your finger gets better soon!

Comments

Oh my gosh, OP! That must have really hurt! I hope your finger gets better soon!

I physically cringed reading that. Hope your finger heals up OP, but you should probably get a tetanus shot

I don't think it's that serious, you'd expect staples to be clean and not rusty haha

UserError94 18

Maybe he was running his injured finger on a rusty pipe after..?

Omg you almost gave me a heart attack that's like my worst fear

You forgot that paper beats stapler but stapler beats finger.

Thanks, I'll be sure to remember that the next time I play rock paper stapler with my friends.

That's why we don't test out staplers on our fingers

OP probably was trying to open up the stapler to check if a staple was jammed and the stapler fired by accident. Highly doubt they were deliberately trying to staple their finger.

I'm sorry, not much advice but I'll pray for you

xChaos 29

Dear lord, please have mercy on our beloved op and give him a speedy recovery from his life - threatening stapler injury.

I'm a little worried as to why your first instinct was to test the stapler on your finger...

I highly doubt OP was like "I'm going to test this on my finger!" They probably thought their fingers were out of the way.

Maybe try opening up the stapler and seeing if a staple got stuck, next time. Or just don't staple your finger.