By Anonymous - 22/03/2014 04:49 - United States - Houston

Today, I met my future mother-in-law. All went well; she complimented my dress, and I complimented her haircut. Then she and her son had a screaming match over how our children will be fat because of their mother. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 851
You deserved it 3 947

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hopefully they won't be rude and evil because of their grandmother.

You can lose weight, she'll always be a **** waffle.

Comments

No, there's a difference. Outlaws are actually wanted.

Actually the difference is you don't get in trouble if you take a shotgun to an outlaw. (Because they are outside the protection of the law, you see.)

You can lose weight, she'll always be a **** waffle.

FML: The best place to get extremely odd yet effective insults to use on someone.

Oh come on. Leave the man she loves and wishes to marry, just because his mother seems like a horrible person? The fact that he proposed before introducing her to his mother and was willing to defend her shows that he probably doesn't share her ideals nor does he care what she thinks. People can't choose their parents. My mother married my father despite his mother's disapproval. After 30 years of marriage, my mother still doesn't get along with her mother-in-law; however, my parents are still happily together.

Why did you wait to meet your boyfriends mother until after you where engaged.... That's kind of stupid of you

Not everyone is close with their parents.

It's probably not a five minute drive.

a lot of people don't... my husband and I were married two weeks after I finally met my in laws, and my parents didn't meet his parents until we'd been married for seven months.

Weird mother-in-laws definitely complicate things but that doesn't mean you can't have a successful marriage.

They should be fine...just big boned you can say like you are

That's rude and ignorant wrapped up in one ball.

Wow I wonder what would have happened if you had been mean to her! Wouldn't want to get on her bad side!!