By charlie043 - 11/09/2010 00:39 - United States

Today, I met my fiancée's parents for the first time. Her dad was telling me how he's not rich but not poor either. I replied, "Well, as long as you're not a garbage man!" Guess what his profession is. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 811
You deserved it 42 066

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FFML_314 11

The woman you're about to marry never told you what her father did for a living?

Comments

Quest_ 13

Garbage men are actually rolling in it though. In Australia they get paid more than teachers.

really? didn't even know that lol. but teachers are on pretty poor pay!

roxyluv 0

not necessarily. they make average amount of money especially if they live alone.

u would know know that u obviously HAVE NO LIFE

i know a garbage truck driver who makes $33USD/hour

Slap him, call him a ho, and throw some garbage on the floor and tell him to pic it up to show him whos boss, then he'll grab a bat and beat your sorry ass

Exactly. How on Earth did you get engaged without kniwing shit about her family? YDI moron.

BigBagel 0

sorry but YDI for not knowing that sanitation workers make decent money.

my2centsworth 15

I'm guessing you won't be getting the big piece of turkey at thanksgiving dinner.

nowayisthisreal 4

Why the **** are you marrying someone you don't know well enough to know what her parents do for a living? YDI for being an idiot.

Not really.. I've been married for 5 years and I just recently got a good idea of what my FIL does. Of course, in his case, it involves having specific security clearance with the military and living overseas, so maybe that's why. The fam always brushed it off as "something too boring to explain."

spartan_girl 0

Well, I can only give my anecdote (and perhaps speak for a few of my close friends/relatives), but I knew what my husbands parents do before we were engaged, and before I met them for the first time. My sister knows what her boyfriend's parents do (and so do I, for that matter), and I think that knowing this information is common amongst my friends/family. It just comes up in conversation. OP-think before you insult something next time! Even if your future FIL wasn't a garbage man, what if his father was? or his brother, or someone else he is close too/respected?

ilovejeland 0

woww well i guess that shows your dumb ass how much you really know about the woman youre finna "marry"...

cali_swagg408 0

haha next hes finna find out her fam are bank robbers