By Anonymous - 28/03/2016 20:23 - United States

Today, I met a girl who was just as socially anxious as me. We spent the whole night staring at each other, then quickly looking away when the other person saw. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 786
You deserved it 2 671

Same thing different taste

Top comments

try talking to her, people who are socially anxious are usually really cool after they are more comfortable with you

Comments

This is completely workable, you just have to toss out the idea of dating like other people. You don't need need to look at each other or actually talk. Texting is your friend. Go to dinner and just text each other and look at your plates. Go sit at the library near each other, read together, and text. You could even read the same book. Go to a movie and maybe keep a seat between you. Play phone games with each other. So long as you don't push yourselves to be like everyone else, you can have fun together.

harleyivy 7

yes, a movie sounds perfect. if it's really good or bad, it might get them to discuss it and break the ice.

That works in your favor! Just start with non face-to-face communication until you two are more comfortable with each other's company.

Well it's a start! Hopefully you can gain some confidence from of this. At all of us are Casanova's.

Wow, this actually sounds really cute! It's okay, OP, don't be afraid! You can do it!

That's so adorable! And don't worry, most first dates are kinda awkward anyways especially if you aren't comfortable in a social setting. Maybe if you guys have more dates she'll get used to your presence and open up to show that you two have a great connection. Good luck OP!

You guys sound so cute and awkward, I think it might work out once you guys start talking to each other.

You guys sound perfect for each other

bigdfootball97 24

I can totally relate to this ? good luck OP!