By Anonymous - 25/03/2016 17:05 - United States - Miami

Today, I'm in training at an animal shelter. There's an adorable tiny kitten there, which my boss said not to touch it because it's feral. "No way he's dangerous" I said, reaching into the cage to pet it. It struck like a cobra and tore up my arm. My first on-the-job injury is from a KITTEN. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 239
You deserved it 31 708

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pretty obvious ydi here tbh Listen to the boss next time

abraybro 27

Comments

YDI. You don't go disobeying your boss when you're in training and you certainly don't go messing with a feral animal. Cute does not mean tamed nor does it mean harmless. Especially if you don't know what disease it carries.

born_hustla 26

Stubborn much. You were warned. Big fat YDI.

Cats are predators, don't forget that, they're able to kill their first prey at 5 weeks old, starting with grasshoppers and such. So yes, a kitten is dangerous. I don't often say that but YDI there.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Would you also ignore your boss and pet a rabid kitten because there's "no way something that cute and fluffy could have rabies?" I work in a vet clinic and rabid animals are definitely something that comes in. Next time, listen to your boss or expect to not be needed anymore. If you can't follow simple instructions, why would they want you working/volunteering there anymore?

How many rabid animals do you have coming in? I can't say I've ever seen one brought in...and that's in Texas, which is one of the worst states for rabies.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

#49 I live on the East Coast of the US. It's not common, but there was an incident with a feral kitten that ended up being rabid last year. 17 people came in contact with it, not knowing it was rabid. It was quite a mess. Raccoons are the most commonly rabid animal in my area.

You really need to listen to people.

Dumbass. If you can't follow a simple direction issued to protect both you and an animal, maybe you shouldn't be working with animals.

Oh_bother44 11

exactly this. the animal's protection factors in too. instructions are there for a reason.

cr500guy 11

what part of "don't touch, he's feral " didn't you understand? Sorry but you kinda had that one coming

Dude, why would you touch ANY feral animal? YDI. Listen to your boss next time. Just because they're babies doesn't mean they can't hurt you. Kittens especially have razor sharp claws.

DeadxManxWalking 27