By Fatass - 18/04/2014 05:37 - United States - Knoxville

Today, I lied to the cashier at my local store, saying that I was "nominated to buy the candy for the party" when in actuality I went home and gorged on it alone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 703
You deserved it 13 867

Same thing different taste

Top comments

BubbleGrunge 18

Why lie OP? If I was that cashier I wouldn't judge you; I'd be jealous you are buying all that candy. Got anything sour??? Share the wealth!

dimerneckel 22

They know that that is what you are doing with all that candy... You aren't fooling anyone

Comments

flashback_fml 14

If it helps.... She didn't believe you

Never ever ever be embarrassed of candy habits. I bought monopoly and candy. the lady asked if I needed a gift receipt and I just firmly stated no, I will enjoy my present to myself. The end, I had the time of my life.

You played Monopoly with yourself?

arandomusernameaa 20

You mean you can play monopoly with other people?? I always wondered why monopoly was so easy...

That's why it is called Monopoly. If it was meant to be played with others, they'd have called it Polypoly.

Haha this is great. To add detail, I moved not to long ago. Monopoly is one of my favorite games, but I didn't have one, so went and bought it for when family come over.

You don't have to justify yourself. Buy it, enjoy it and don't worry what anyone else thinks it says. By the way the cashier and staff really won't judge or care. They likely assume it's for a party or event.

Wow OP, I'm sure you didn't have to lie, even if you felt embarrassed by the quantity of candy you were purchasing. Pigging out on candy is one thing, but to devour every piece until there's not a speck left is too much. I hope you didn't get a stomach ache or feeling of remorse or sadness afterwards. If there is a reason behind gorging on candy, it needs to be addressed because doing this isn't healthy in any shape or form and I'm sure there's better things to spend your money on.

This is the third dumbest thing I've read. I love candy... I don't care who knows. Why can't people just be honest?

Cashiers do not care what people buy or how much of it. We see it all every day and don't remember the customer 5 seconds later.

Invite a few friends over to indulge with...

91hayek 31

This is a big leap but I'm guessing you're overweight? People who are sensitive about their weight are always worrying about judgement. What they eat. What they wear. Also women worry more too. Being a man all I have to do is put pants on and walk in a straight line then I'm good for the rest of the day and can buy all the candy I want. This Easter I will be thankful for that privilege OP.