By emirie - 14/11/2013 21:33 - Russian Federation - Saint Petersburg

Today, I let my sister hold my newborn daughter for the first time. I heard her mutter under her breath, "I could kill you so easily..." FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 759
You deserved it 4 131

emirie tells us more.

emirie 21

So just to clear things up, my sister isn't super crazy, although I was naturally alarmed. She's a little weird and creepy, and has no filter. Also, this happened a while ago (I had to say today, obviously), it just popped in my head the other day when the same sister told me she's pregnant. She has babysat, and has a step son as well.

Comments

emirie 21

So just to clear things up, my sister isn't super crazy, although I was naturally alarmed. She's a little weird and creepy, and has no filter. Also, this happened a while ago (I had to say today, obviously), it just popped in my head the other day when the same sister told me she's pregnant. She has babysat, and has a step son as well.

HeyHeyFishFillet 34

Well, it's good to hear that you and your kid are still alive and well! Just be cautious however, if you see small animals going missing in your sister's neighborhood and finding the dead bodies in your sisters garbage is not a good sign.

You just killed the magic by admitting it didn't actually happen today :(

emirie 21

So sorry I crushed your hopes and dreams :( at least you can all rest well knowing my daughter is alive and well

I feel like she meant it in a "you're so fragile just one wrong move could kill you" kind of way. I'm hoping so anyway.

emirie 21

I think that's what she meant... I hope

Lets hope you don't find out what she does in her basement at night.

When I held my son for the first time I had the same thought. When you aren't used to newborns the feeling of their absolute vulnerability and dependance on you can be astonishing. My kid is 5 now so it all worked out.

I just wanna throw out there that these thoughts (although weird) are quite natural in most people. I think of it as my mind saying "no matter how sane you think you are I have a reserve of thoughts to disprove that"

Yeah, that's how I read this. I'm pretty good with children generally but babies scare me purely because I'm a clumsy kind of person and hey, they're small and are so delicate that it does feel like you can break them! (I've heard people say that they're way tougher than they seem but I don't really want to have to find that out )

They are tougher than they seem, but it's still nerve racking holding something so vulnerable and helpless.

Actually, you don't have to use the "Today," you can just delete it.

Might be a good idea to keep her from babysitting.

Selkhe 10

That sounds kind of bad, but it probably wasn't meant with bad intent. Like, not with "I WANT TO KILL THIS" intention, but in an "oh god, I could make the tiniest mistake and this living thing could die" sort of way.

I actually have nightmares of dropping babies because they can die easily! Hold their head the wrong way and it'll probably snap right off

Anybody else instantly think of battlestar galactica?

Sibling rivalry already? Protect her like the most precious thing you have...even though she is...

caitiebug1119 15

Ahem...yeah...let me take her back. Um nurse?

stephinie 8

Keep her away from your baby! If she is around watch her at all times! Now days you can't trust anyone!

Keep her away from your kid, and let no man breed with her!

emirie 21

She's already breeding! It was more of an observation, I guess, but she's a little nutty. (: she's babysat before and is wonderful with her.

I'm gonna go out on a big limb and guess you are the OP.

For future reference, to anyone, I commented before she logged in.

Don't worry. When your daughter grows up and your sister becomes elderly and senile then the roles will be reversed. Jokes aside, i would be VERY cautious from now on where your sister is concerned.