By pardon my English :$ - 09/08/2013 22:53 - France

Today, I let a friend read a draft of the novel I'm writing. She claimed the antagonist is blatantly based on her, and threatened to sue me if I don't pay her royalties. The antagonist is an ancient, insane goblin witch. I guess I see now how this confusion could arise. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 512
You deserved it 3 571

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I doubt she would want to prove in front of a judge that she's an insane goblin witch, even if she is. You'll be fine.

Can you collect royalties from an insane asylum?

Comments

I doubt she would want to prove in front of a judge that she's an insane goblin witch, even if she is. You'll be fine.

Now that would be a horrible waste of court time.

I've seen worse. McDonald's getting sued for too hot coffee, a park sued by a lady because she stepped in dog shit and chuck Norris suing law and order for using the trademark names for his left and right legs

leprechaun23 15

Is she basing it on beauty and brains

Is the goblin witch a greedy bitch that threatens her victims to give her money? That'd be ironic.

Uhh... Not to mention that's not even a term of publish for fiction stories... Unless she has some secrets to share about a magical world she intends to prove real, while convincing you to I lush it as a tell-all... What a nut job.

She should let her spend her money on the lawsuit just to be able to laugh at her when the judge throws her out of their courtroom on her hiney.

28, have you ever seen the injuries that resulted from that coffee spill? I would sue too if I had 3rd degree burns due to the coffee being that hot!

42, have you ever seen the horrific injuries caused by chuck Norris' legs? I have.......... that shit ain't pretty man!

mimiminx 23

#42 coffee that is hot?! I've never heard of such a thing!

50, coffee that is hot enough to leave third degree burns to the bone? You should look up the pictures. It's pretty horrifying.

In the court hearing they said that in order to cause burns like that the coffee had to be roughly the same temperature as your radiator after a 5 hour drive. That's why she won even though she was at fault for spilling it on herself.

thrAsHeRr9081 16

And even though she won an obsene amount, she only took what covered her hospital bills.

Can you collect royalties from an insane asylum?

PterodactylMan 23

could OP tell us the name of said book? if love to read it once it comes out.

you may want to find some new friends OP... I mean most people dont like to spend their free time with insane goblin witches.. :P

caohm 18

the judge will laugh her out the court room if it even makes it that far

An ancient, insane goblin witch? That is a serious case of low self esteem.

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

What a great friend you have there op.

michaelaranda 28

She might be trying to say that you based the goblin's characteristics on her. Even if you did, she's probably not entitled to anything. Your friend is probably just joking. In an actual court of law, her case will only end up losing.

I doubt she would go up to a judge and explain how she would be similar to a goblin witch, but that's just me.

FeatherTips 10

Just wants the money you'll be collecting when it goes for sale. Something tells me she's either jealous, or worried you'll become successful while she.... does whatever she does. In other words, she be crazy.

Proving her point that she is an insane goblin witch. xD