By - 21/10/2013 16:57 - Canada - Calgary

Today, I learned where my mom's "special hiding spot" that I'll "never find" for the Halloween chocolate is, when I preheated the oven to make cookies. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 645
You deserved it 4 607

Same thing different taste

Top comments

My special hiding spot is in my stomach. No one ever finds my chocolate.

Comments

That's why you always check-,- hopefully lesson learned

My mom used to hide everything in the microwave when me and my older siblings were younger. Now she's a boss at hiding stuff :/ xD

crackz12 10

Maybe not hid something but alot of people store things in there oven.. Looks like this could've easily been your fml too for lack of the same sense.

Common sense would say not to put something that'll melt and something that melts the meltable object together! Smh. So who's cleaning the mess?

In our house we always store the extra oven pan in the oven so we always check before preheating.

Dusty_Busters 15

Did you not check the oven before you turned it on?

YDI. Seriously, don't you even look in the oven before you turn it on? Anything could have been in there. You totally deserve it for being brainless.

Oh, sure. Anything... Why OP's just lucky there wasn't something like a baby or a cat stuffed in there. Are you a ******* moron?

I'm sorry, but 100% YDI. You ALWAYS check the oven before turning it on. Maybe you don't store things in there, but it's easy to forget something, and then there are the horror stories of animals in ovens... Just open the door and look. You'll also be able to make sure the racks are in place and adjust them if you need to. If you find the racks are out of kilter after you've preheated to 350, have fun adjusting with oven mitts on.