By makeuuuuup - 21/02/2010 01:52 - Canada

Today, I learned the hard way that my foundation shows up under a black light. At a black light party. No one told me until afterwards. Everyone took pictures. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 349
You deserved it 5 057

Same thing different taste

Top comments

HakoneRider 0

OMG your life is over. How are you gonna explain to everyone that you wear makeup?

make up glows in a black light. so does semen. there's the explanation

Comments

but more so because nobody said anything. I mean WTF? it's like they were too embarrassed for you!! 

Wow I am appalled at how many "YDI for wearing Makeup" comments there are. I love my makeup. Not only does it help me look better, but it makes me feel better, which makes me look even better, which makes me feel even better. It's like a positive catch-22, at least, it is as long as I don't hear anybody say "YDI for wearing makeup"

Yes, I agree! =) I don't wear a lot, just enough to boost my confidence. But people are always going to do the whole YDI for wearing make up even though most girls do wear it even if it's subtle.

Yeah I know what she's talking about. Foundation is makeup. My friend wears tons of makeup and whenever we go to laser quest her face is orange

PtitsaDroog 0

YDI for wearing makeup (yeah, before you respond I DID read your comment talking about "hating" YDI for wearing makeup, but its still true. Natural confidence is always better than confidence supplemented by a fake mask.)

Gingerly 0

Anyone who says that natural confidence is better than confidence supplemented with makeup has never had problem skin, and by problem skin I don't mean a few zits here and there, I mean a face covered in zits. No one can have natural confidence without makeup when people look at them like they're diseased. For the record, I never wear makeup, unless I'm riding or showing my horse, because it protects my face from all the grime that's at the barn. But regardless, no one deserves to be embarassed just because they wear some make up.

spartan_girl 0

I think this concept of whether or not a woman should wear makeup is an interesting one- some people go on about having confidence, but there are many people out there in the "professional world" (and I'm sure this is true in many fields) that expect a woman to come in looking perfect- and since our society currently says it's acceptable for women to wear makeup, that means a woman should wear enough makeup to enhance her best features and cover up her flaws-according to people judging us at the professional level. I think if a woman is confident and competent, she can be successful, but if she feels better wearing a little makeup, she'll probably be received better, so she might as well do it! I have pretty bad skin now as an adult, after having great skin as an adolescent, so I use mineral foundation that doesn't make my skin worse to cover up some of the flaws, and a little mascara to make my eyelashes (which naturally curl almost down toward my eyes) go straight, at least. Makes me feel like people aren't going to be distracted by my skin, and I think it makes my eyes look more open, so when people look me in the eye it looks like I'm alert. Go ahead and judge me if you want, and I think it's odd that women are expected to do this and not men, but I'm not worried enough about it to try and change things by not wearing makeup myself.

GoSmegma 0

Who cares PtitsaDroog? Some women prefer to wear it and some don't... what do you care? You're free to make your own decisions so don't go judging people because they made a different choice than you, YDI. I bet you're one of those all natural girls - no make-up, frizzy hair, organic clothing, birkenstock clogs, and stinky body odor, huh? Yes, natural confidence is so much better than wearing make-up... lol. As for me, I'll stick with my chemical face masks because I'd rather look and smell pleasant. Besides, did you know that it's a proven fact that if 2 women are competing for the same job position and have the same education and experience, the prettier one will get the job in most cases? Just thought I'd let you know :)

It wasn't the foundation that was glowing... it was what you were trying to cover up that was glowing under the foundation. Next time just wash your face after making your porno.

Cool! what brand where you wearing, and what shade? I would so advise friends to wear that to a rave!

b1a2n3a4n5a6s 0

YDI for wearing foundation. That shit always looks fake.

I looked weird in a couple of pictures. MLIA