By imatool - 27/07/2009 17:36 - United States

Spicy
Today, I learned that my wife had an affair with another guy. She met him while we were on a trip in another state for marriage counseling. The reason we were in marriage counseling was because she had no desire for sex, and we had gone for two years without it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 779
You deserved it 4 807

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Cormophyte 0

Know what I love? In reading through these comments and from past experiences with people's attitudes toward cheating I get the general impression that a lot of people (usually women) think that when a woman screws around it's because she's unfulfilled and the guy should fix the relationship. But these same people are usually the first to throw a wild badger at any guy who dares to so much as spank it to some internet ****, let alone withhold sex for two years while (at least) having sex on their COUPLE'S THERAPY GETAWAY.

Comments

Join the slapahoe tribe first (love this comment cause it applies across the board)

woooooooooooooooooowwwwwwww...... it took u a road trip to figure out she haz been cheeting.... def agreed!!!!!!

Cut your losses, and while you are at it... cut her too.

No 42, the road trip was the time she cheated. You can't read.

cRothabeast 0

wow that sucks but it means the marriage is definitely over and she wasnt worth your time

22cute 17

I'd say it means Op has discovered what was wrong with his marriage. She was no longer attracted to HIM. Nothing wrong with her sex drive.

On the plus side, I guess the counseling helped her overcome her disinterest in sex. ^^

hatehatehatehate 0
22cute 17

Obviously she was interested in sex all along. She lost her interest in Op. Duh

My parents haven't had sex for 14 years...

evanwilliams 4

Two years??? How did you not cheat first? Pussy.

I agree. YDI for letting a marriage go two years without sex. You must be a huge pussy. Your wife is clearly many leagues above you and you were just glad she let you look at her. She probably walked all over you the entire marriage and you were grateful she was willing to mary you for your money. How did it take two years for you to realize something was wrong?

She meant she had no desire for sex . . . WITH YOU! Now, go out and get you some!

My thoughts exactly. DTMFA and sue for the house and boat!

:/ That really sucks. I hope maybe things could be resolved, somehow. Maybe it awoke her desire to have sex.. with you?

Cormophyte 0

lol @Cormophyte. I felt e-love. *Quite* well put. Steph... seriously. Slippery slope you're going down there. Love doesn't require a catalyst. Infatuations do. They also like justifications. Just ask anyone in the domestic violence department.

haha Divorce divorce divorce, leave her with nothing

Did you really think this wasn't inevitable? YDI for waiting TWO YEARS before getting counseling, and acting surprised when your wife cheated on you.

HDI Because the OP didnt lay pipe in 2 years FHL because she beat him to it.

They may have tried other things first...no desire for sex can also be due to physical reasons...like hormones. I had that issue after I switched birth control...and if you don't know about it you're not gonna suspect that your BC makes you not want to have sex...it also took us like 6 months to figure out what was wrong. I switched BC again and then it was all good. But I do agree that two years does seem like an awful long time...one year I'd understand...but not two.