By Anonymous - 29/02/2016 22:56 - United States - San Bruno

Today, I hung out with some old friends for the first time since losing about 50 pounds, going from clinically obese to a healthy weight. I even bought a cute new dress for the occasion to show off my new body. No one noticed the change. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 774
You deserved it 2 418

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Who cares? You did it for yourself, and as long as you feel happy, that's really all that matters.

Don't be so down. Maybe they forgot? I'm not helping, but congrats on the weight loss!!

Comments

Maybe there's a good explanation ! I'd say either they didn't want to say anything about your weighloss to make you feel like how much you weight is important or they didn't notice because that's not your body that matters to them but the person you are. But if you want any commentary why not ask them? :) Anyway congrats, you go girl!

Hey, it may be that they thought you looked great before too!

Maybe they thought that saying you were obese in the past could be offensive, congratulations by the way, it's hard to loose 50 pounds.

See, it could be because they didn't care about your weight so they didn't notice because they never really have. But good for you OP!!

If you want to share your accomplishment, why not bring it up first, OP? Just say "hey guys, I hit a really important milestone to me today!". They've probably noticed but haven't commented because they don't know if it's welcome or if you're tired of hearing the same thing. I bet they're very happy for you and would say so if given the chance. I don't comment on other peoples' weight changes because I don't know their circumstances and I'm always worried I'll be wrong and make them feel awkward.

It's about you and your health. Congratulations BTW!

bad_boyfriend 10

They may have noticed. Personally I don't complement peoples weight loss because I don't a)want to be embarrassed if they didn't actually lose weight and b)make them feel like they were ugly when they were fat.

Body weight is such a sensitive topic, I never mention it unless the other person brings it up first. I'm sure they noticed, and were just trying to be polite.