By Anonymous - 29/02/2016 22:56 - United States - San Bruno

Today, I hung out with some old friends for the first time since losing about 50 pounds, going from clinically obese to a healthy weight. I even bought a cute new dress for the occasion to show off my new body. No one noticed the change. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 774
You deserved it 2 418

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Who cares? You did it for yourself, and as long as you feel happy, that's really all that matters.

Don't be so down. Maybe they forgot? I'm not helping, but congrats on the weight loss!!

Comments

Maybe that's a good thing? Either they had a better image of you than you actually were at the time, or they simply don't care because they like you, not your body. Still, congrats on taking initiative and losing weight.

Shows that your weight was never a problem for them. Well done, feel good about yourself be grateful that they like you for you.

I am pretty sure they were awkward to ask you if something changed, but I am sure they noticed ?

you can take it as they always saw you as thin and saw no difference be a use to them you're always you

They probably didn't want to be rude and have you think they thought you were fat before by saying "you look like you've lost weight!" some people get offended by that.

Maybe they didn't mention it on purpose. That they didn't want you to feel that you are being watched and judged for your weight. You did it for yourself, don't allow your own self worth to be tied in with the need for others to validate you.

No they noticed; they are probably just to jealous to say anything though. congratulations on your weight loss.

It's a good thing, it's means they're loyal friends and don't give a damn about how much you weigh.

amzy12 7

I had a similar thing happen to me, forget people, as long as you feel good and healthy- thats all that matters! Good on you OP!

I guarantee you they noticed but no one wanted to say anything because you look so darn hot. And having a hot friend takes away from them the attention they have been so used to getting. Plus when a friend looses weight some people think the dynamic of the friendship can change. Especially if being overweight made you prone to do anything your friends wanted out of insecurity but when weight loss comes into the equation you may find yourself disagreeing with them or saying no to things because you are more confident.

You need new friends. With friends like that, nobody'd need enemies.