By Tuffgunsmoke - 04/02/2010 07:22 - France

Today, I was at the gym and saw an old friend. I have put on a lot of muscle in the past few months, and she said to me "Wow, you've really gotten big." Just by habit I said "You too." Turns out she's gained 45 lbs since I'd last seen her. Oops. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 747
You deserved it 31 544

Same thing different taste

Top comments

To rephrase this FML: Today, I told the truth. There were no consequences. FML.

Um... so ******' what? She's gotten bigger, and you correctly stated this fact. Big deal.

Comments

LOL! You don't seem TOO broken up over it!

Um... so ******' what? She's gotten bigger, and you correctly stated this fact. Big deal.

um no not so what buddy if you don't have something nice to say keep it to ur self that's a dick move

Reyo 2

Yes, because the OP was INTENTIONALLY making a comment about her weight. Moron...

Is it such a bad thing that you are honest. No one is honest anymore and it sickens me, tell people what they want to hear rather then the truth. Honesty is the best policy, anyone hear of that!

I'll be honest with you 88, your a chicken shit. muff said.

Seriously. People are either really nice and lie about everything or they are complete assholes. Why can't more people just be honest?

fogrunner 13

So? Had she perchance gained it in muscles? :)

janise 2

I believe bananapajama meant women can't gain 45 pounds in muscle in the course of a few months naturally. There's nothing sexist about assuming someone doesn't take drugs and it's also not sexist to state that because women can't gain that much muscle naturally since we don't have enough testosterone. That's not sexism that's biology.

To rephrase this FML: Today, I told the truth. There were no consequences. FML.

Spin it as a bit of innocent humour, no harm done.

willowbeauty 0

Oh yes, because that will make it SO much better. Geez, idiot.

Thunderbender 2

You're right # 16, unless of course he was joking but its not like that was completely obvious or anything oh wait...

realggirl 0

I can see this happening because I have said "You too" when people said Happy birthday or something that doesn't pertain to them. FYL.

haha I do the same thing I had a guy compliment my hair once, and I said "thanks I like yours too" he was bald.…

haha "Happy birthday!", "You too!" awkwaaardd..hahah

I do the same thing with "thank you"...any time someone thanks me for something, I thank them back by reflex. I have my old summer job to thank for that...