By thoughtcrimeno1 - 06/07/2011 05:27 - United States

Today, I helped an elderly lady unscrew the cooling tank's cap from her smoking car. My reward? A scalding shower of toxic, pungent antifreeze that erupted moments after removing said cap. She didn't even thank me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 845
You deserved it 18 815

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dumb... just dumb. isn't that the first think we are taught about a car's engine? don't touch the radiator cap when it is hot, or if the car is smoking. YDI

VinegarStrokes 0

Dude you TOTALLY deserved it!!! You're not supposed to unscrew the cap to a radiator right after it has over-heated for that exact reason. It also states it on the cap itself or right next to the cap directly on top of the radiator for idiots like you. If you can't read because you're illiterate then refer to the common knowledge that liquid evaporates when heated up and the steam that is created in the process then pressurizes because it's trapped in a container and is violently released when that container is opened. If you don't know about cars over-heating, can't read, and don't have common knowledge then you shouldn't be ******* around in such a harmful situation regardless of your intentions. So once again-you TOTALLY deserved it. Deuche bag.

Comments

with no prior knowlege about cars you went in as a wannabe hero and messed around poor old lady's car. she is lucky you didn't cause any greater damage. YDI

you don't really need prior knowledge. just read the warning on the cap. "CAUTION: do not open when hot". seems pretty basic to me, probably op was to busy putting on his cape to notice though.

horrorfreak79nj 2

Sweet Christ ... I'm pretty stupid & useless, but even I know better than to remove the cap fr- ... nevermind. You got what you deserved.

firstly never touch the radiator cap or engine when it's smoking , secondly atleast u know u did something good :)

but really… did you help her? before she just had a smoking car, but because of your "heroic" deed, now she has a car spraying coolant everywhere.

If you did that to expect something in return then ydi. If not then you learned something new today. Let the professional handle it.

wooiekid 0

it doesn't take a professional to unscrew a radiator cap

Toxic antifreeze can sometimes cause brain damage. But that's the good news for you because clearly you don't use your brain often. Why would you even think of going near a smoking car unless you're a mechanic/someone with a death wish?

actually it causes kidney damage if u drink it thats all

Actually there can be widespread tissue damage in the kidneys, brain, liver and blood vessels. If it only caused kidney damage it wouldn't kill you, just leave you needing new kidneys.

Enforcer 7

So you removed a radiator cap while the engine was HOT? you are a moron

How is this not a ydi? It says right on the lid, something along the lines of, "Caution: do no remove when hot due to a pressure build up it will spray all over your face" I'm not sure exactly what it says but there's a warning about removing it when the engine is hot...