By thoughtcrimeno1 - 06/07/2011 05:27 - United States

Today, I helped an elderly lady unscrew the cooling tank's cap from her smoking car. My reward? A scalding shower of toxic, pungent antifreeze that erupted moments after removing said cap. She didn't even thank me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 845
You deserved it 18 817

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dumb... just dumb. isn't that the first think we are taught about a car's engine? don't touch the radiator cap when it is hot, or if the car is smoking. YDI

VinegarStrokes 0

Dude you TOTALLY deserved it!!! You're not supposed to unscrew the cap to a radiator right after it has over-heated for that exact reason. It also states it on the cap itself or right next to the cap directly on top of the radiator for idiots like you. If you can't read because you're illiterate then refer to the common knowledge that liquid evaporates when heated up and the steam that is created in the process then pressurizes because it's trapped in a container and is violently released when that container is opened. If you don't know about cars over-heating, can't read, and don't have common knowledge then you shouldn't be ******* around in such a harmful situation regardless of your intentions. So once again-you TOTALLY deserved it. Deuche bag.

Comments

you're an idiot, I hope you learned something. obviously her car was hot since it was smoking, after you decided to take the cap of the radiator of her hot car, it now has no fluid in the radiator to cool it down. I wish she woulda slapped you, she should be TE one posting on fml not you!

nightwolf86 7

that's why the top of the radiator cap says never remove hot. you're a dumbass.

Although your intention was good, Im gonna say YDI cos if you're gonna do stuff under the hood, you should know better than to open a hot engine's radiator cap...not to mention if it was smoking.

dregg22 2

which is why you wait for the car to cool off a little first

dumbass. why would you open a hot radiator cap.

I wouldn't thank you either, I would just call you an idiot for removing a radiator cap off of a steaming engine. I knew that fact before my feet could reach the pedals

Why not offer to call someone for her? That's a lot less painful.

You totally deserve that. That happens to any over-heating car.

AmandaLouise 0

your not suppose to remove the cap for that reason

Why should she thank you! If you knew about a car's engine, you would've known better. YDI