By teacher - 31/08/2010 14:50 - United States

Today, I heard two of my students having a conversation. One asked what state Arizona was in, and the other replied Canada. I teach sixth grade social studies and they weren't joking. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 850
You deserved it 8 381

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Pyr0freak 0

Throw them into a Sparta pit. We don't need any more idiots like them in the world. Fkin kids these days -.-'

Comments

FYL indeed. It's a good thing intelligence isn't hereditary ;)

You're clearly a pretty shitty teacher then.

Then make it your job to teach them. At the end of the year, ask them that same question, if they get it right, at least you know you've taught someone something. These are the type of kids that need the most help, it may not be an easy task, but hopefully you can see that the final outcome is well worth the effort you're putting in.

Then make it your job to teach them. At the end of the year, ask them that same question, if they get it right, at least you know you've taught someone something. These are the type of kids that need the most help, it may not be an easy task, but hopefully you can see that the final outcome is well worth the effort you're putting in.

sallen0046 4

It's the beginning of the year, you can't expect every student to have a firm grasp of the subject. Unless you live in Arizona or the student travels to Arizona frequently, why would you automatically expect them to know anything about it? The entire point of social studies and geography classes are to teach these things. I don't know a single parent that focuses on this information until it's relevant to homework or a trip the family is taking.

SweptAway 0

the fact that the response was Canada just makes it all the more hysterical.

ScaryGirl 4

hahahahahahahahahahaha but honestly, sounds like something my brother would say :S FYL