By sunflower226 - 05/08/2011 21:41 - United States

Today, I had to pay a $150 late fee because my landlord didn't receive the rent check. My boyfriend had addressed the envelope to himself and put the landlord's as the return address. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 592
You deserved it 4 037

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I bet he thought someone sent him money too.

Sounds like someone needs to repeat 2nd grade

Comments

russianspy1234 11

Next time send the check less than a day before it's due?

Ever heard of Internet banking? Much safer and quicker that posting a cheque!

ariannaa_fml 17

PsychoticAsylum, I'm gonna use that piece of advice every time I mail a letter for the rest of my life now :) . Unfortunately that probably means that I'll use that piece of advice 8 times. I've done what OP's boyfriend has done too. Shit, just 2 months ago I had to mail a letter. I didn't know what to do, and I didn't have an envelope from one of those mass mailed bank offers to use as a reference (my original idea), so I had to ask my mom for help. She wasn't sure either, so we ended up calling a 50 year old woman who told us. My mom did it for me because she was on the phone with her at the time. Since my mom mailed it, I still didn't know how to mail a letter because I use email all the time on the internet. In one of the most perfect examples of irony I've ever encountered in my life, I used the internet, which is the reason why I don't know how to use snail mail, to look up "how to mail a letter" on ehow... a website on the internet.

21- i read your personal info.. biggest load of bs.. one give away was the fact that you got the name of your supposed 8 million dollar car wrong. It's a Bugatti Veyron, not a Veyron Buggati. That's like me saying a drive a Camaro Chevrolet

sxe_beast 11

Hummer Limo? Those are LAME. Maybach Landaulet ALL THE WAY. Best chauffeur vehicle out there.

lol hes 24 and cant send the mail? 39 some people are actually that rich like it or not. no one told you to believe what others write on their bios. no need to create a problem over it. also its a 2 million dollar can not an 8 million dollar one

lol hes 24 and cant send the mail? 39 some people are actually that rich like it or not. no one told you to believe what others write on their bios. no need to create a problem over it. also its a 2 million dollar can not an 8 million dollar one

mooseluver4life 5
SolarGirl32 6

Considering we're in the age of technology, it's not that surprising a lot of the Gen Y'ers wouldn't know how to address an envelope. When I was a kid, it was rotary phones nobody could figure out.

Please someone tell me that it's not normal to not know how to post a letter or simply write an address on an envelope when you are more than 10...

i think i've permanently forgotten, i have never had to send mail, only e-mail and they kind of expected us to all know in school :/ simple tech ftw :)

It's not normal. For ****'s sake, even if someone has never sent a letter surely they've SEEN mail before.

Lol I mailed a buddies paintball gun to myself! Been there done that! ;)