By Carrie G. - 27/07/2012 00:46 - United States - Holland

Today, I had to explain to my boyfriend why period blood couldn't be saved and donated to the hospital for transplants. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 679
You deserved it 2 441

Same thing different taste

Top comments

beccaishereyay 11

What the **** are you talking about?

You're clearly not as educated as you think you are because it's definitely not just a tablespoon per cycle. It probably varies from person to person, but can definitely be more than a tablespoon. Not to be gross, but there are times when I sit on the toilet and can literally feel it just drain out, and it's a hell of a lot more than a tablespoon. Make sure you're properly educated on the topic before you give out incorrect information.

Comments

borkchop1992 15

I think i might rather die than be injected with a womans period juice.

At that point I'd seriously consider just dying of blood loss... Although then I'd take it anyway cuz I'd want to live and I'm pretty sure those in need of blood transplants aren't very fussed about where it came from

kut17 11

If you got injected with period blood, you might get crabs. Get it? You'd be crabby!

Does he expect you to wring it out of your pads/tampons/panties and pour it into a bag? Or are you just supposed to put it all in a box and let the Red Cross sort it out? Either way, your boyfriend is an idiot.

No I'm quite sure he doesnt. there are many other ways you could collect it. Such as something similar to a pee bag. I doubt that the idea would ever work however.

kittytub 12

I just thought of another: a menstrual cup. -shudders-

I don't know if you're just plain rude? Or if you're just a smart ass that thinks they're better than other people? Either way, you're a dick.

So women are supposed to walk around with some sort of contraption all day to collect this blood for a full week?

Kat12856 - My name is DocBastard, not DocNiceguy. So you'll have to pardon me if I act a bit rude to idiots. The only people I think I'm better than are the ones who A) can't recognize a joke or B) are fuckwits. You seem to be both.

If you call a menstrual cup a 'contraption', yeah. I mean I suppose in order to make something vaguely donateable (if that were even possible) you'd need something to filter out all the non-blood bits and somehow reanimate the dead blood cells, and also have some way to keep the whole thing sterile, etc, and that would probably be a rather contraption-like cup. But if you simply want to collect menstrual fluid to make magic potions or something, that's no problem at all.

Just use a Diva cup. They're reusable cups that collect all the blood and tissue during your period. I, personally, think they're disgusting but hey, if it works it works.

I have one of those! Saves a lot of money from replacing tampons and pads.

Hey OP, you just educated a lot of men tonight!

Hey OP, you just educated a lot of men tonight!

I of course see why it can't be used but that is interesting and it probably wouldn't be all too tough to separate from the rest given the funding.

Aw he's sweet for thinking about that but if be pretty grossed out if that were true

It's ok, I once had to tell a guy that we don't 'lay' eggs and he was serious.

Eww no thats the lining of your uterus that breakdowns once a month no way!

Yes way. Its not even really 'blood'. Its Uterus lining. I don't understand why they wouldn't teach you this in SexEd. But its actually surprising how many people don't know this. : / I had to explain it to a friend of mine - and she is nearly 24 years old. About 2 weeks before your period is due to come, you release an egg from one (or both sometimes) of your ovaries. Ovaries hold ALL the eggs you will ever release in your lifetime. The egg travels down the fellopian tube which is the path to the uterus. When the egg isn't fertalised, the lining of the uterus gradually starts to come away over a few days, as it isnt needed. It comes out in the form of the 'blood' and sometimes tissue-like bits which is what you see as a period. So in conclusion, it isn't possible to donate it. Makes sense?

shawnaishere 14

Even though I already knew it, I won't consider it a fml because it is not something that almost everyone knows. So I don't think he's that stupid . I think it's actually shows he cares about others.