By Carrie G. - 27/07/2012 00:46 - United States - Holland

Today, I had to explain to my boyfriend why period blood couldn't be saved and donated to the hospital for transplants. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 680
You deserved it 2 441

Same thing different taste

Top comments

beccaishereyay 11

What the **** are you talking about?

You're clearly not as educated as you think you are because it's definitely not just a tablespoon per cycle. It probably varies from person to person, but can definitely be more than a tablespoon. Not to be gross, but there are times when I sit on the toilet and can literally feel it just drain out, and it's a hell of a lot more than a tablespoon. Make sure you're properly educated on the topic before you give out incorrect information.

Comments

JRene 0

Lol how did u manage to explain that 2 him??

And also comment number 4.. Down there.. States that this is a table spoon of blood in each cycle so therefore, the tissue carries the blood.. The blood does not carry the tissue.

NomNomCookie 6

If only they worked like that..

redhedsaysrawr 18

HONESTLY, did you people never go to health class? THE REASON YOU CANNOT DONATE BLOOD FROM A PERIOD, IS BECAUSE ITS NOT FRESH BLOOD, OK? ITS NOT COMING STRAIGHT FROM YOUR HEART, SO YOU CANNOT USE IT. Geez, all these comments on here are just... making me sad. I hope some of you dont breed...

christypooh14 3

In all honesty I've had my period for 5 years now, and I didn't know it was stuff from your uterus, I thought it was blood. Good to know though! Guess you learn something new every day c:

I never learned this in health class, I either learned this from my doctor or a friend, I can't remember which. I never had sex ed or health in school since they didn't offer that in my middle and high schools, and in college I just take classes for my major, which isn't health. I don't think a guy is an idiot for asking, he's just curious, and why would he need to know about the contents of the period anyway? It's really not that important to know.