By RIP - 07/10/2012 18:34 - Finland - Espoo

Today, I had to call the cops to break up a fistfight at my mother's funeral. It turns out my two brothers care more about having a pissing match over their favorite football teams than they do honoring our mother's memory. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 672
You deserved it 1 824

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How incredibly immature. I'm very sorry for your loss OP.

Hope they stay in jail for a bit and realize what's important in life...

Comments

unknown_user5566 26

So sorry for your loss, OP. I can't imagine losing my mother, and then having to deal with immature family members on top of it. RIP.

perdix 29

That would be OK if your good brother supported the Redskins and your bad brother was a sniveling, rotten Cowboys fan. For any other rivalry, their fight was total bullshit.

VeeDoll13 8

It doesn't excuse such rude behavior.

perdix 29

#27, yes, it does. It's well-known that the Dallas Cowboys support human trafficking, female genital mutilation and the North Korean nuclear weapons program, and the only thing that slows down their fueling of evil are Redskins victories. Good and evil are nowhere more clearly defined.

TheOath 12

NFL. Sunday night football with a bucket of buffalo wings and beer.

Perdix, I don't think she is talking about American Football seeing that OP is from Finland, she is probably talking about soccer.

perdix 29

#56, you're probably right, so their fight was wholly inappropriate and unjustifiable.

LO388 7

32 - Redskins victories are the only thing that slows those down? No wonder the world is in such rough shape...

perdix 29

#73, sadly enough, you are right. The last time the Redskins won the Super Bowl, the unemployment rate was -3% (people had more jobs than they needed.) That wasn't a coincidence. When RGIII got hurt yesterday, 100,000 people lost their jobs and Jerry Jones sold them into slavery in the manganese mines in Uruguay. You people who think NFL football is just a game are so naive.

Some men grieve in strange ways I suppose...

jellycorn 13

Albus and Aberforth Dumbledore had a coffin side brawl as well. It's why Albus' nose is crooked. Though that was over their sister's death.

Don't get too angry with them yet. When you're trying to hold yourself together stress can get you in the weirdest ways. After my house fire I seemed fine and totally unfazed...until I could find a pencil to play a tick tack toe game with. There were crayons and pens aplenty, but I threw a fit in the middle of the dinner we were eating at because I couldn't find a pencil. Maybe this was just your brothers' way of letting the stress out. My condolences for your loss.

Some people just can't grow up even when they face the most serious of situations.

Shame on them!! Sorry for the loss of your mother, may she rest in peace

Maybe them fighting is a way of releasing pent up emotions due to your mothers death?

People grieve in different ways, it may just b a way for them to get their emotions out

That's extremely rude and selfish of them to that. I'm very sorry for your loss though.

Condolences on your loss, OP. Losing your mom is a loss unlike any other. Your brothers' immaturity only highlights your own. (Hope you didn't have to bail them out, too!)