By Anonymous - 17/05/2009 11:32 - United Kingdom

Today, I had organised to go for an all day fishing trip, but had forgotten to book a day off. I called my boss and told him that I had to stay with my mum in hospital after a car crash that she had last night. He called me a liar and fired me. Turns out my mum is having an affair with my boss. FML
I agree, your life sucks 67 963
You deserved it 21 480

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, at least you can go on the fishing trip now.

0hh_snap 0

Ha, I would demand my job back or I'd screw up the affair.

Comments

honesty is the best policy (unless he is a natural asshole).

if thats so, you shold be able to keep ur job

u couldn't just say that ur sick? Come on-it's not that hard to think of.

poison29 0

How could you say something like that about your mom? i agree with 27

Have you ever heard of calling in sick..

Mooshki 0

YDI. When you need a day off, tell them you ate something bad and "it's coming out both ends." Guarantees no further questions.

I agree with #72. If you make a comment like that everybody will know you wouldn't get any work done that day and they'd be worse off if they have to deal with it. Oh and, before you try it, don't ham it up by pretending to do one or the other on the phone. He'll forever remember you as the asshole who talked to him while crapping or throwing up.

It's a tough situation, but you made the right call if all you have to worry about is yourself.

UsingLogic 0

I know her mom can do what she wants, but didn't anyone think for one second that OP may be worried she could talk about HIM to his boss? Like stories about his childhood etc. That would be embarrassing for OP (and for anyone else to who it would happen for that matter). I would not be happy if my close family on their own suddenly got too close to people I see regularly and who I was the first to meet (friends, colleagues, boss, teachers...). I would definitely ask them to stay away from the people involved in my social life, and with 6 billion people on Earth I don't see what's wrong with asking that: there's a lot of other people they can meet.