By Anonymous - 17/05/2009 11:32 - United Kingdom

Today, I had organised to go for an all day fishing trip, but had forgotten to book a day off. I called my boss and told him that I had to stay with my mum in hospital after a car crash that she had last night. He called me a liar and fired me. Turns out my mum is having an affair with my boss. FML
I agree, your life sucks 67 963
You deserved it 21 480

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, at least you can go on the fishing trip now.

0hh_snap 0

Ha, I would demand my job back or I'd screw up the affair.

Comments

Okay, so you DONT deserve that, no1 does! And every1 who is saying you deserved it for calling out is prob. a hypocrite, every1 has called out of work or school for pleasure at some point in time. HOWEVER, your lie sucked!!! Never lie about a family member being hurt... dont you know thats bad luck... well yeah, I supposed you do now! Now you definitely deserve that fishing trip tho for sure!

Darth_Taco 14

Oh...wow. This is going to make me sound like an asshole, but I swear that's not my motive. I hope your mother was able to get you your job back. Yeah, it's really awkward to work for your mother's lover, but in this global economy it's better to have a job. I really have no idea which one to click. You shouldn't have lied to your boss, but you didn't exactly deserve to find out that your boss is having an affair with your mother like that. I'm just going to say that the entire situation sucked.

Anyone who calls in sick to get a day off when they really aren't sick deserves to be disciplined, maybe not fired for the first offense but second time for sure. It's really entertaining working somewhere when 1/2 the staff decides to be "sick" on New Years Eve.

DigitalShoelaces 0

why didnt you just tell him u were sick? no need for elaborate lies...

#3 is right. #10 is clever. And LOL @ #4 and #7!

YDI what kind of lame excuse is that? couldn't you just say that your sick and take a MC?

Lol, that sucks but you deserved to get fired about saying that your mom was in the hospital.

ure boss= a ******* hypocrite. i reckon go after his wife...

Lying has no future. Stiff shite to you. Plus you now know you're boss is shagging your mum! Punished.

crazygirl123 0

u should never say ur mom got in a car accident and is in the hospital.. cuz what if that really happens adn u were just using that excuse to go on a fishing trip. i did it once but called out saying ihad a flat tire, then the next did i got one.